Best selling sites....

L&M

Visit site
Hi All,

We are putting my partners horse up for sale as he is 'hanging up his boots'. We are very out of touch with the horse market and best selling sites, so any advice on who/what to use? Also am I right in thinking that you can no longer advertise of fb?

She is an older horse so wont be up for a huge price, and finding her a good home is the priority rather than any money we get for her.

So where is best to advertise?

Tia!

Goldie's mum

Visit site
Hi All,

We are putting my partners horse up for sale as he is 'hanging up his boots'. We are very out of touch with the horse market and best selling sites, so any advice on who/what to use? Also am I right in thinking that you can no longer advertise of fb?

She is an older horse so wont be up for a huge price, and finding her a good home is the priority rather than any money we get for her.

So where is best to advertise?

Tia!
Take a look at "wanted" ads on the big sites first.
You will at least be talking to serious buyers, not tyre kickers.

Reactions: L&M

nutjob

Visit site
Also am I right in thinking that you can no longer advertise of fb?
FB theoretically doesn't let you sell animals but there are plenty of horses for sale on regional and national sites. You just have to write in euphemisms such as 16hh mare looking for a new postcode and the price might be 3🥕🥕🥕 for example or lower 4 figures.
Mostly I look on Horsequest, horsemart, whickr and fb. There's a lot of dealer adverts on horsemart but private advertisers do use it and I think it's free.

cauda equina

Visit site
Presumably you're also putting the word out locally through your vet, farrier, ads up in tack and fed shop and so on
Word of mouth can work wonders!

L&M

Visit site
FB theoretically doesn't let you sell animals but there are plenty of horses for sale on regional and national sites. You just have to write in euphemisms such as 16hh mare looking for a new postcode and the price might be 3🥕🥕🥕 for example or lower 4 figures.
Mostly I look on Horsequest, horsemart, whickr and fb. There's a lot of dealer adverts on horsemart but private advertisers do use it and I think it's free.
thanks

Bobthecob15

Visit site
Yep there are loads of sites on FB, just don’t put the price.

Horsequest/whickr are my go to but they are generally more expensive horses (over 5k) same for The Equestrian Noticeboard…all tend to be for more expensive horses.

Horsemart is ok, Preloved is also good. You’ll get a variety of prices there.

If you’re south UK then NFED is good that’s where we got our current one.

mug

Visit site
Facebook - but will need to be worded carefully like others say. Helpful for both sides seeing mutual friends/connections

Reactions: L&M