Best Short riding boots

willhegofirst

Visit site
The times has come to buy a new pair of short riding boots, I have been looking at Ariat, but are they worth the money? A friend on the yard has a pair of Ariat Terrain boots, got them this spring and they have split already, What sort of short boots do people find the best.
Thanks.

FireFly29

Visit site
I've had Ariat Heritage and currently have Ariat Quantums and they are both nice, the Quantums are like wearing trainers they are so comfy.
I bought mine half price from Equestrian Clearance.
I've also had Mountain horse boots in the past when I worked full time with horses and they were hard wearing and comfortable too.
Depends how much you want to spend and what style you prefer.

madmav

Visit site
I love my short Ariats. Only use them for walking now, but still going strong after five years. On the muddiest, wettest walk ever at beginning of the year, I was the only one with dry feet at the end. They scrub up well, too.

starry23

Visit site
I have ariat long boots and I love them but I just couldn't afford to buy ariat short boots. I went to decathlon and got a really nice pair of black leather short paddock boots and matching chaps. They are great to ride in, not sure how long they will last but they certainly scrub up well and I really like them so far!

Mixedbag

Visit site
Have a look at Equitector boots. They come in a variety of styles, zipped, laced, etc. and have steel toecaps and climate control linings which are really good. Also very robust and last for ages. The company has excellent customer service and are great at suggesting which style will fit your type of feet. Definitely worth a look.

NZJenny

Visit site
I wear Ariat Terraines, but I absolutley hammer them, so a couple of years would be the best I would get from them. I not only use them for riding, but wear them around the paddock as soon as the ground is dry enough to not need gumboots.

Not sure how they are priced in the UK, but it is definatley cheaper to buy them from the USA (including the shipping) in NZ. Are they worth the money - yes, for the comfort as much as anything else.