Best straight(ish) cut saddle for high withered TB

minesadouble

Visit site
Sorry to continue what seems to be today's theme of saddle posts but we have typical high withered TB that we are starting out in RoR classes. Our older TBs saddle does not fit the newer boy and I just wondered what people have on their high withered but not terribly narrow TBs?

We will be sticking to local level for this season so a straighter cut GP would probably do for us. Any suggestions? thanks in advance :)

Spotsrock

Visit site
Mine went well in his Albion but I've gone back treeless so I'm selling it. I've heard good things about Kent and Masters and he had a thorowgood that fit nicely before

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
There are WH saddles around that have a higher pommel ie curvier tree if you'd rather not have a GP. All mentioned so far are slightly bulky saddles if you do want to progress your showing to higher levels.

minesadouble

Visit site
Thanks everyone Amymay, I haven't tried an Albion, Spotsrock I've looked at the Kent and Masters high wither GP on their website and wondered if that could be an option.
Sbloom - we will be sticking to lower level this year and I'm hopeful that the horse in question will have changed shape a lot by next year so was thinking I'd have to replace the saddle then anyway? I agree that the above are bulkier than we would like but would rather avoid buying new/expensive this season if I can avoid it as I am hopeful of a change of shape. Is there anything less bulky you would recommend?

ozpoz

Visit site
Have you thought about a Solution Smart? Expensive,short term, but no so long term as they will continue to be able to fit to a changing shape, and very comfortable for both horse and rider. it is possible to have a trial to see hw you get on with one.

Gazen

Visit site
Kent and Masters do fit, however I felt like I was being tipped forward all the time. It was unpleasant to ride in.
I have an Albion SLK which fits nicely, however, it was taken apart by the saddler and rebuilt for my horse. My horse is a 'special case' though as she is exceptionally high withered even for a TB and has a very prominent spine.

Starry_eyes

Visit site
I have a Kent & Masters high wither GPD. Fits my high withered but fairly wide TB perfectly. Straighter cut too so it doesn't block his shoulders. I love it :)