Best supplements for gastric problems

J_sarahd

Visit site
So pony has started showing a few symptoms of gastric issues (pulling faces in trot-canter trans with some bucking, girthiness, general grumpiness) and with the spring grass coming through months too early due to the mild and wet weather, I’m putting two and two together and coming to “the rich grass is causing gastric problems” especially as he is better the longer I leave him between bringing in and riding.

What are people’s favourite supplements for this sort of behaviour and does it sound right? He is fed on pure easy and pink mash - will be switching back to pure balance once this bag is finished.

iknowmyvalue

Visit site
So pony has started showing a few symptoms of gastric issues (pulling faces in trot-canter trans with some bucking, girthiness, general grumpiness) and with the spring grass coming through months too early due to the mild and wet weather, I’m putting two and two together and coming to “the rich grass is causing gastric problems” especially as he is better the longer I leave him between bringing in and riding.

What are people’s favourite supplements for this sort of behaviour and does it sound right? He is fed on pure easy and pink mash - will be switching back to pure balance once this bag is finished.

I might have some science supplements gastrokind I can post if you want to try some x

Squeak

Visit site
Another vote for Ron Fields. It's worth giving Ron a ring though as you can use the powder first before moving to the liquid and he's very helpful.

His products completely transformed my horse and every time I see even a hint of symptoms he's back on the full dose for a day or two until the symptoms go again. I've noticed the symptoms starting to appear this week with the grass.

Birker2020

Visit site

Probably not a helpful reply given that I'm not even sure my hew horse has Gastric Ulcers but I have him on Protexin Acid Ease, he's on his third tub now on maintenance dose. This was because he can be very girthy but he has no other problems, holding weight well now wolf tooth removed, amazing shiny coat that everyone comments on, wolfing down feed, not dull, not windsucking/cribbing, no reluctance to work.

To be honest with you I've not really noticed much of a difference in his attitude to girthing up the roller since starting it (he's not ridden due to saddle issues and I'm trying to develop top line before buying one). I think the girthiness is because he has withers that go back a long way so the girth is done up well under his belly and this is what he is objecting to.