Best ventilated helmet?

asbocob

Visit site
Hi all! I'm buying a new hat but want one that is ventilated. How well do ventilated helmets work? Are there any helmets which meet the new hat standards, preferably under the £150 mark (will go a bit higher) and black. I'd prefer a fixed peak helmet and one that comes in a round profile or fits a rounder head. I'm going to a local tack shop to get one fitted but I'd like an idea of what to go for :)

irishdraft

Visit site
I have a gatehouse Chelsea pro & am impressed with the ventilation having worn just skulls for years

CleanShavings

Visit site
I had this issue a few weeks ago! I went for the gatehouse Chelsea pro air. A nightmare to get hold of but I got one after putting in 3 orders with different tack shops.
I've so far found it really good and much cooler then my previous hat

Allsorts0413

Visit site
The Gatehouse Chelsea didn't fit me but the Charles Owen Ary8 round fit is brilliant. Yes it is an expensive hat but I find it is really comfortable.

Splashy pony

Visit site
My round head likes the Tipperary Sportage which is ASTM SEI certified so American but I think those are still OK with the new specs. I do buy from USA via eBay but am on my second because they really work for me and I can feel the breeze run through the vents. My vented Gathouse hurts the sides of my head and doesn't feel particularly vented in comparison. I keep looking at the Uvex ones too.

ihatework

Visit site
I bought one of the cheaper UVEX ones, from memory it was about £120.
It is so light and brilliantly ventilated, I love it.

The only thing I do know is that shortly after I bought it the new labelling standards came in and this model didn't meet the competition requirements. Thankfully I had only bought it for home use anyway. Id imagine UVEX have sorted this out by now but worth checking. If they have Id highly reccomend