Best way to break-in new riding boots

catkin

Visit site
Been a long time since I had a new pair of long riding boots but now I have and I need to break them in

Any hints and tips?
I've heard of heel lifts for example but not knowingly seen them or used them.

The boots are pull-ons.

Thankies

teapot

Visit site
Wear them around the house. If you can't, heat the leather up, then stuff with newspaper or boot trees that widen.

Four Seasons

Visit site
I've always used the stairs, walking up and down multiple times. Also good exercise... :D

I've heard that standing in a bath with warm water supples them a lot, but that can't be any good for the leather

oldie48

Visit site
If they are cutting you behind the knee and need to drop a bit, heel lifts are great, you could make your own out of some gamgee. I also like to wear mine whilst I'm sitting at my lap top working.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I have used heel lifts and it really does stop the agonising cuts you get behind the knee and once they drop you can do away with them, I find wearing them indoors and riding in them a few times a week can help soften them and gives you a chance to get used to them.

cobgoblin

Bugrit! Millennium hand and shrimp.
Visit site
If they are tight to pull on try wearing tights or pop socks....nice and slippy for pulling on and off.

MyBoyChe

Visit site
I wear mine to work! They are smart boots though and I do work in an office where semi casual is fine, so leggings, boots, and a long jumper or top is perfectly acceptable.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
heel lifts are great, you can get them in different heights - have a look on ebay. When I get new boots they are really much too tall to begin with so i get giant lifts and then smaller ones as they start to drop.

And then just wear them as much as you can :)