Best websites for lorries?

MissSBird

Visit site
Hey Guys

I was just wondering if you had recommendations for websites where you'd look for horse lorries? I need to sell mine, and as I bought it word of mouth I don't know where to begin advertising!

Thanks!

dressage_diva

Visit site
I asked this a while ago and everyone told me different websites! The general consensus was to avoid H&H (as their website search isn't great). Then the recommended ones were the BD classifieds (as free apparently), horsequest, horsemart and horse deals (but not everyone recommended the same websites!).

Good luck - I'll be selling mine shortly and am having the same dilemna as you!

millimoo

Visit site
Sold ours in 2 weeks on Horsedeals website - didn't bother with the magazine. It was also on Horsequest.
I set up a photobucket account and put 40 photos from every angle, including the scuffs etc. And gave registration date, mileage, measurements of horse and living areas, unladen weight etc.
We were really honest, got what we wanted (just), and it's gone to a really nice home :)
We were sensible with the price too.
Another tip, leave it as late as you can before placing the Ad so you're near the top for the weekend.
On Horsedealsmyou can pay £5 to bump you back to the top - timing is everything and we had a flood of calls when I did this, including ther buyer, plus a waiting list of viewers. Also don't put people off if someone else is coming. We had a no show, and a complete timewaster, who finally decided not to buy after it was sold (they spent half an hour underneath it before giving mum a White knuckle ride test driving it, and requesting further measurements over the phone)

smudge99

Visit site
Having just bought ma lorry I used horse deals and horse quest but bought from H&H. When advertising can you please put in unladen weight and internal dimensions as u found I had to ask in most cases. Good luck with your sale.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
I'm also looking - and am amazed at those who dont reply to enquiries!
Why bother to put an email address in, when you dont respond? Mobile calls go unanswered & voicemail messages not returned.
Also, like smudge99 says - so many do not have unladen weight etc - thats the 1st question I ask!

Sorry OP - good luck in selling & pse excuse my rant above! :eek:

Puppy

Visit site
I recently bought a box and found it on horse deals. I was also looking at Horsequest a lot. I found horsemart way too clogged up with dealers adverts for boxes on finance. And yes, the H&H search puts me off too.