Best wedding ever...

j1ffy

Visit site
...and don't worry, there are lots of horses!! Just over two weeks ago I got married in Andalucia, close to where my horses are kept. I'll skip the boring parts and get to the arena part! We'd arranged for our horse trainer and his brother (former Doma Vaquera champion of Spain) to do a horse show. However our trainer and a good friend had organised an extra surprise - all our horses were there!!

OH and I turned the corner to the arena to see these three - the bay in the middle is my beautiful PRE, Pocholo, who did a great job of growing 4 inches and puffing himself up to match the two stallions!

DSC_0005_zps8a30f52e.jpg

Not only was he there, but they had also trained him to carry me feria style, so with a somewhat ungraceful scramble up we headed off around the arena. OH hadn't been on a horse in 4 months and had never ridden with a vaquera bit, so the first turn was a bit, umm, interesting..!

DSC_0070_zpsbdcf99da.jpg

DSC_0091_zpse46b70f5.jpg

DSC_0103_zpsbc78e533.jpg

I'm pleased to say that my Jimmy Choos survived the dismount and I got lots of congratulations on the leap off!! I hugged my friend and fought back the tears (I couldn't risk the make-up after all..!!).

After that, Gonzalo did a doma classica show:

DSC_0164_zps8d3045e3.jpg

DSC_0219_zps22dbd5d8.jpg

And the wonderful finale - our trainer, Antonio, did an incredible garrocha display. The highlight (for me) was 3-time tempi changes on a 10-metre circle around the garrocha and the pirouettes under the garrocha.

DSC_0387_zps59ecdf84.jpg

DSC_0442_zps843b86e9.jpg

And the next tearful moment, Antonio's salute to me...

DSC_0474_zpse558a2d5.jpg

Our mare and foal were also there in the round pen (the hotel where we have the reception has horses so they had all the facilities!) - here's a shot of the gorgeous boy a few days later on his 4 month birthday:

P1050920_zpse2fc7cd2.jpg

Naturally there was also a lot of drink, food, speeches and dancing but that's not relevant here ;) It really was an amazing wedding all round but having our horses there was just incredible.

Sorry if the pics are huge, I've resized them in photobucket but it seems to be taking a while to refresh!

Biglets Mummy

Visit site
What fab pictures !! thank you so much for sharing them ! made me smile in the midst of a really yukky day ! You look beautiful and the horses look amazing !! many congrats to you both !!! xxxxx

EffyCorsten

Visit site
AMAZING! You lucky girl! It looked beautiful but not as beautiful as the bride of course ;) many congratulations. Wish I was there :p

Spring Feather

Visit site
What a fantastic day you had :smile3: I noticed your beautiful shoes immediately, I have a similar pair and I can barely walk in them, let alone try to get on and off a horse in them lol! You look stunning btw.

mil1212

Visit site
Wow, what wonderful photos, and how fabulous that your trainer and friend had sorted that out for you, makes a very special day even more special. LOVE the shoes :D

MerrySherryRider

Visit site
You're right. It has to be the best wedding ever. How fantastic. The horses, the rider's, your dress (love it) and your shoes. I noticed them too and thought how beautiful they were. You jumped off the horse in them ? I would have cried and made the horse kneel down.:D

Beautiful, beautiful wedding and gorgeous foalie. The groom's pretty neat too.
Congratulations and best wishes for a happy and long life together.

cambrica

Visit site
That has to be one of the best weddings ever :) Gorgeous horses, beautiful bride and dashing groom ;)
Only ONE problem..... You have to do it all over again, and invite us lot :D (I take it it was only a dress rehearsal and my invites in the post?)

Hippona

Visit site
You're right. It has to be the best wedding ever. How fantastic. The horses, the rider's, your dress (love it) and your shoes. I noticed them too and thought how beautiful they were. You jumped off the horse in them ? I would have cried and made the horse kneel down.:D

Beautiful, beautiful wedding and gorgeous foalie. The groom's pretty neat too.
Congratulations and best wishes for a happy and long life together.

^^^^^
Everything she said.
Utterly beautiful , the lot of you.
Best wishes xxx

j1ffy

Visit site
Thank you everyone! I really do feel blessed to have such wonderful friends, husband and horses.

Pootleperkin - I live in Hong Kong but Andalucia is the master plan in a couple of years, we love it there! Our horses are about an hour from Jerez.

Vickijay

Visit site
What a lovely thread. I love the pictures of you and your husband on the horse, they are amazing. Thanks for sharing :)

mollichop

Visit site
Beautiful pictures, and what a fab surprise! No way would I have looked that elegent perched on the back like that in heels! :D

3 time changes on a circle? Crikey - no wonder the grey looks drenched!