Best Wellingtons - Reviews

Dyllymoo

Visit site
Can anyone recommend any good wellies?

Its my birthday soon and I'm going to ask for a pair in time for winter (hopefully can get a bit of a bargain as well) so any recommendations would be great.

:)

TPO

Visit site
Watching this thread with interest

So far Ariat, Hunter & Barbour haven't passed the 6mth mark without splitting. My first pair of Ariats weren't used in stables so couldnt blame that, they sent me a replacement pair and they split just the same so I gave up.

My current pair are hunter balmoral wellies and they are barely holding together with less than 1yrs use.

Not sure whether it's worth trying a more expensive brand like Le Chameau or theres some miracle brand that I've not heard of?

I hated muck boots but they did last the longest.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I gave up on Wellington boots years ago I just use Ariat or Dublin country boots they last a good few years each time and I actually find them so much better to wear everyday.

Dyllymoo

Visit site
I gave up on Wellington boots years ago I just use Ariat or Dublin country boots they last a good few years each time and I actually find them so much better to wear everyday.

That's what I normally do but last year my poor country boots were put through so much mud it made me sad. I'm thinking a pair of wellies is better for the mud :)

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
I bought a pair of Toggi wellies about about 18 months ago. Admittedly I don’t wear them every day, but they do get a fair bit of use. They’re very comfortable and have a good robust sole.

scats

Visit site
Ariats split under 3 months. Replacements also split.
Grubs frontline- hideous things, split in under 2 months.
In desperation, I ordered a pair of tall neoprene lined wellies off amazon for £15. Lasted the last 3 months of winter and still going strong. They are currently sat doing nothing til next winter but for £15, I’m pretty impressed.
Self confessed boot killer here!

Widgeon

Visit site
I love my Aigles - the neoprene lined ones for winter. I wash them off and rub them in olive oil semi regularly and they are in great shape after two years of daily wear throughout the autumn / winter / spring.

Edited to add, the thing that wears them most is gardening in them, it's when I crouch down and the part at the top of my toes has to bend and stay bent. Yard work and dog walking don't seem to put any appreciable wear on them.

HelenBack

Visit site
I've got a pair of Aigle Parcours wellies and they've lasted really well - at least five years but I can't actually remember when I bought them now so possibly even longer than that. I use them for mucking out and all field duties so they do get lots of abuse. They have finally given up now and split at the toe but I like them so much that I've ordered another pair the same.

They're really comfy and have a good cushioned sole but they do come up quite big in size I've found.

sport horse

Visit site
I've got a pair of Hoggs that have been going for ages!

I am so glad to read that! I found Hoggs in my local agricultural agents shop and bought a pair. They are british, very competitive price and I reckon the agricultural world selects pretty robust products. My Ariats were too heavy and the cocker spaniel ate them anyway!

chaps89

Visit site
Another le chameau fan here. Each pair has averaged 3 years hard use (worn most days with little care!)
I'm on my 3rd pair now (bought in the last black Friday sale when they had a really good discount) and they should see me going for a while.
I did try Rudds wellies on at YHL and they were super comfy and lightweight but just a bit big around the ankle for me

thefarsideofthefield

Visit site
My Le Chameau's are on their third year and showing no signs of wear so far. They are incredibly comfortable too :)

Me too - Le Chameau all the way . First pair lasted 7 years and were then relegated to the horse box for emergency wear . Second pair lasted 5 years until I stupidly started riding in them and wore the calves away . My current pair are at least 6 years old and still look like new . I have never had a pair split or leak . I suffer badly with really cold feet in the winter so get the Veirzenord ( something like that !) neoprene ones and they're toasty . They foot part is also really well constructed - more like a boot than a wellie , some wellies are really sloppy , so they're supportive and comfortable - I can walk the dogs for hours in mine - and my socks don't ride down ! Bonus !! My OH has a pair too - they were a christmas present about 8 years ago although he doesn't tend to wear his unless it's really wet . They look brand new .
I've never paid the RRP and usually get them off ebay ( new !) . My current pair were £60 ( should've been @ £150 ) because they had a miniscule hole at the top/back of the boot where a label had been attached . My OH's were 1/2 price in a sale ( but don't tell him !). If you work out price per wear they are hard to beat - and they look good too ( as worn by Kate Cambridge no less !).

Billyandme

Visit site
Definitely Le Chameau. If you want cosy toes go for the neoprene lined ones. Mine must be at least 5 years old and still going strong.

LauraJay

Visit site

Annagain

Visit site
I love my Aigle Parcours Iso wellies too - the neoprene lined ones. They're not cheap but mine are 8 1/2 years old now. Last winter they developed a couple of little cracks where the foot bends behind the toe but because they're neoprene lined they're still waterproof and I really can't complain when they're as old as they are! I should probably think about a new pair but I'm worried new ones might not be as good! You can often find a good deal online, especially if you go for an unfashionable colour. Mine were brown and I paid about £80 for them so that works out about 2p a day!

Jinx94

Visit site
For warmth, Grubbs boots were my favourite, but they split next to my toes :( a lot of my boots do this, so I'd say that it was me rather than them to blame!

I now wear le chameaus and love them. Dry, warm (apart from in the coldest weather, and I always have cold feet) and comfortable, even when I'm living in them during autumn, winter and a good chunk of spring!

Coblover63

Visit site
I have a pair of neoprene lined, chunky-soled wellies from Decathlon. They were about £45 and came with a two year guarantee. "Challenge accepted", thought I - as a regular splitter of more expensive wellies!! I printed off their guarantee and even wrote a review citing this fact so that when the inevitable happened I had proof. 18m on and I'm eating humble pie. They're still going strong and I'd actually have no hesitation buying them again because they're very comfy.

Nari

Visit site
Aigle Parcours ISOs every time for me now. I did have onepair that quickly leaked by they were exchanged with no problem so I can live with that. My only real complaint about them is they're too warm to wear in the summer which is a shame when they are so very comfortable.