Best work/ riding boots?

rextherobber

Visit site
I use the Harry Hall waxed ones, can't remember the name, they are super comfy but water resistant rather than water proof, I wouldn't go paddling in them

Pippity

Visit site
I bought some Ariat Telluride H2Os a month or so back. I'm now a solid convert to Ariat, after years of thinking they were overpriced and sticking to cheap boots! I haven't tested their waterproofness yet, but they're amazingly comfy for walking and riding, so much so that I've started using them as walking boots. The padding round the ankle feels a little odd at first but it means they're really supportive.

Antw23uk

Visit site
Why don't you have yard boots and then nice smart, fit for purpose, riding boots? Never really understood the drama of changing from a yard boot into a riding boot, riding and changing back again, but maybe I'm missing something?

Fieldlife

Visit site
Why don't you have yard boots and then nice smart, fit for purpose, riding boots? Never really understood the drama of changing from a yard boot into a riding boot, riding and changing back again, but maybe I'm missing something?

Agree. Anything I try and use for both gets trashed, especially in winter or if washing horses. Lots of pairs, and swapping for different tasks is the answer I think. I have two sets of neoprene muck boots / wellies (good grip, warm, waterproof), long riding boots, short riding boots and chaps.

Juniper Jack

Visit site
I bought some Ariat Telluride H2Os a month or so back. I'm now a solid convert to Ariat, after years of thinking they were overpriced and sticking to cheap boots! I haven't tested their waterproofness yet, but they're amazingly comfy for walking and riding, so much so that I've started using them as walking boots. The padding round the ankle feels a little odd at first but it means they're really supportive.

Are they very heavy, say, compared to walking shoes, or to regular paddock boots?

Ratface

Visit site
I always used mountain horse short boots for working and riding and walking the dogs
I agree. My Mountain Horse lace-up short boots are twenty five years old, still waterproof and still in daily use. Riding, cat-wrangling, boat work, messing about at the yard, walking. They've never leaked, slipped or failed to keep me and my feet/ankles safe.