Best XC schooling near York?

Smith123

Visit site
Happy to drive 1.5 hours around york. Need XC Schooling upto BE100 level. Is thornthorpe in malton the best place?

vermillion

Visit site
Helen Bells is nicely laid out but not so many novice-type fences but ideal for event prep.

Horses for Courses at Stamford Bridge is good too; always handy for schooling and is a good one for getting confidence with some more technical fences.

Red House at York have a schooling day once a month and some of their fences are nice and inviting (they also have a few meatier ones too!).

Epworth Equestrian do schooling too and might be worth a google.

Manor Farm, Thornton Lodge etc are more 'farm rides' so better for a pootle round as a refresher rather than actual educational schooling (I like to be able to ride round my fences and change lines and angles which you cannot do on a track!).

Further afield there is Hoods at grange de lings in Lincs, probably just over your 1.5hrs but well worth a visit. Lovely layout and well maintained fences.

Northwards there is Foxberry Chasers and one near Ellingstring (up in the dales) if you wanted more variety.

Hope that gives you a few ideas.

Farasi

Visit site
Hamley hagg at Appleton le moors has a xc course. Better for babies than prep for a BE100 thou. Good practice for going up and down hills though.

Buds_mum

Visit site
Don't jump any big ones at Appleton le moors, know for sure that the large mushroom portable is not fixed :(

Is upsall too far? It's a nice course x

JenHunt

Visit site
helen bells @brekenborough, eleanor mercers @ camphill, thornton lodge near easingwold, northallerton EC, and as Buds_mum suggest Upsall grange is good too.
Thornton lodge is a uk chasers course, and has a bit of everything at a nice little size to have a go at, NEC is a BE course but they run XC schooling days (on tomorrow I think), helen bells and eleanor mercers are also BE courses I think, but cater more for younger horses and riders as well.

ETA - thornton lodge ground can be wet, and NEC ground can be very hard, camphill and helen bells are usually very good going.