Best yard coat

HorsesRule2009

Visit site
Hi all,

This has been done to death i think.
But any recommendations?
Ideally like something that cover bum but not much longer than that.
And also has a draw cord waist.
Must be waterproof I work on a yard so need to stay dry.

Thank you

BlackRider

Visit site
I recently got one from premier equine, and it is the first coat in years that has actually been waterproof, the prices are quite reasonable too.

JillA

Visit site
Hi all,

This has been done to death i think.
But any recommendations?
Ideally like something that cover bum but not much longer than that.
And also has a draw cord waist.
Must be waterproof I work on a yard so need to stay dry.

Thank you

i got a parka from Aldi for £30 - so warm I don't need so many layers, totally waterproof, has washed perfectly twice so far but I just looked and they are no longer on the website (might still be some on your local store?) Otherwise their ski jackets are really good too

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
I have a hi-viz, waterproof, warm, long jacket from The Range. It cost all of £25. It has a double ended zip, which hasn't failed yet, as many of them do and I can recommend these jackets, for both yard work and dog walking in all but the very wettest weather, when I wear my Drizabone.

WandaMare

Visit site
My favourite yard coat is by Horseware, bought it about 5 years ago and still going strong. The reason I prefer it is because it is warm and completely waterproof, but its also light and its roomy around the shoulders so comfortable for mucking out, grooming etc.

meleeka

Visit site
I’ve recrntly bought an Ariat coat. I can easily see why it was so expensive as it’s hard wearing, fully waterproof, even when it’s rained all day and seem to repel dirt (I know it’s brown but a quick wipe and it’s clean. I’ve been wearing it a couple of months and it still looks new). I can’t see me ever buying a cheap waterproof coat again.

https://www.millbryhill.co.uk/women...K1l37bYRTqmqNememzNaWaFcTrTzPdSxoClZwQAvD_BwE

Louby

Visit site
Im on my second year with a Karrimor coat from Sports Direct. Its been fab! I bought 2, one which is very very warm, covers bum and is waterproof, and another, the same style but a lighter weight. Think they were £35 and £45 but wouldnt hesitate to get another. I also love their waterproof trainer/boots too! Get some hammer in my job and keep my feet dry lol

Kat

Visit site
I don't buy equestrian brands, I find hiking gear is much better quality for the money.

I currently have a Paramo coat which is life time guaranteed, and VERY waterproof. It isn't insulated though it is warm enough for 9 months of the year. In winter I pop an Aldi down gilet or jacket underneath for warmth.

You can wash it as often as you like as long as you use nikwax washing products and washing only enhances the waterproof properties. It is also puncture proof and can be repaired if torn without compromising the waterproofing.

Finally it is ethically produced and can be traded in and recycled if I ever decide to upgrade it!

Not cheap but worth every penny