Beyond help? What would you do

flying solo

Visit site
After having bought a youngster last year when I had all the time in the world I have taken on 80 hours a week, I have 2 kids who have ponies and myself a horse... I bought a 2 yr old with full in tensions of showing in hand this year as she's very flashy then backing before turning away. Sadly my health has deterorated and I'm having to be realistic I have decided to advertise the youngster and my own horse but not sure where to advertise other than FB; to be honest I'd rather steer clear of there it usually only brings on a slagging match or all the wrong buyers. I'd happily sell for a token fee to the right place after all money isn't the issue, I just don't know how to market a youngster who technically has no real value as a 13.2 sec b cross bred pony. I'm due at hospital this week and sadly living out isnt a option, i have tried everything thinkable

HELP :)

Last edited:

Adopter

Visit site
Very sorry to read of your health problems and need to rehome your horses.

Have you considered the re homing schemes run by equine charities, I think there are a couple which have been mentioned on here before, but I can not remember details, hopefully someone else will come along who does know.

Gazen

Visit site
I am sorry to hear about your health problems.
You could try places like local riding establishments as word of mouth is great as when I was looking for a horse I told friends that I was looking and the farrier put me in touch with a lady selling a wonderful horse. You may be able to have the same success with selling.
If you want to maintain contact with the horses, try putting them on temporary or permanent loan through somewhere like Horses4Homes or try word of mouth again.
BlueCross do direct rehoming.

Best wishes.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Sorry your going through a rough time. I'd not discount Facebook personally. We bought two from FB adverts. It's free and tbh I've also been able to avoid buying a wrong one via Facebook by doing a bit of research/ checking out the owner and finding what a nightmare said horse was! This can work both ways of course and I think is quite handy!

wills_91

Visit site
Sorry to hear this. I would add yourself to some of the FB groups. I found loan homes for 2 of mine through fb -folk posting wanted adds - and so far it's worked out really well.