BHS in safe hands?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 24 100.0%

• Total voters

PAK

Visit site
I am trying to link this thread with "Another British Horses Society C**k Up" . Here's an excellent post from this morning.

"I stopped being a BHS member a couple of years ago, I always supposed it was a good organisation with commendable aims. I am shocked to hear what has been happening behind the scenes and how good, hard working staff have been treated.

Even though I won't be there voting with you, I wish you all success in voicing the concerns of members and getting things back on track

It sounds like the types of shareholder revolts that make the headlines in the city!"

Thank you. In my opinion, you are spot on. It is a shareholder revolt. Let's find a way to get some media attention! H&H might be coming to the meeting.
Read more at https://forums.horseandhound.co.uk/...ety-c-k-up.767675/page-14#xxBlvHuhDvLdC96y.99

PAK

Visit site
For those of you who received the latest email, please note the BHS has done it again - date for office closure = Friday 20 Dec. You couldn't make this up.

PAK

Visit site
From the source of the petition
With regard to the call for an EGM delivered to the CEO of the BHS on the morning of Saturday 5th Jan 2019, an EGM can only deal with the subject matter, in this case "Loss of confidence in the Chairman and Board of Trustees of the BHS" no other subject matter can be included or discussed. In order to allow for thorough questions a general meeting would have to be held after the EGM. The decision of the group who tabled the summons was to withdraw the EGM covenant as it was felt that with at least 2 meetings in the offing it could lead to voter fatigue and loss of support. The BHS resolution has been adjourned, consequently any 12 members of the BHS can still table another EGM with specific proposals at any time until the resolution is carried.

PAK

Visit site
I have not received any minutes yet. Has anyone?

"Thank you for your enquiry requesting further clarity on some of the topics discussed in the General Meeting of the British Horse Society held on Saturday 5 January. Notes from the meeting will be made available by close of business on Friday 11 January. If these notes do not answer your query then please emailgeneralmeeting@bhs.org.uk

Best wishes

Sarah (Phillips) COO"
Read more at https://forums.horseandhound.co.uk/threads/bhs-meeting-update.771333/page-3#Uwi2ck5HD3YZGOp2.99

PAK

Visit site
Dear BHS –

This morning when I was mucking out, I got a text from our bank. Our joint account was overdrawn.

They told me about some shocking payments that I had no idea you had made. Lorries, drivers, puppets, computer systems, lots of other fancy things like uniforms, and designer gins- all kinds of things that we have never discussed and I thought we were “one team”.

When we got together, I believed that you genuinely cared for me. That our relationship wasn’t just all about the money. And that we shared a common love of horses. But now I see that isn’t true. You’re spending so much money, without my knowing, on things that don’t really matter to me.

After I finished the call with the bank, and all the mucking out, I checked the horses and sat down with a coffee. I was rather tempted to add a large dollop of brandy to pick my spirits up but I did not. I opened the newspaper and there on the front page was a picture of you at a fancy place in another country hob-nobbing.

I am off out to see a lawyer now. I am getting a divorce.

Your former "better half"
A. Member

Read more at https://forums.horseandhound.co.uk/threads/bhs-meeting-update.771333/page-3#WlC2deVCZTX0ii4y.99