BHS Gold Membership

chocolategirl

Visit site
Just got my renewal through and it's up to £84 per year. I've always felt I like being a BHS member because of their access work (and hacking is my thing) but really, £84? Particularly given how much food and fuel are costing now. I'm going to trawl this thread for some other ideas re. public liability :-(

(Also they have ditched cover for endurance, which worries me as that's what I'd like to work up to next year. And when I tried to use their legal helpline a couple of years ago they were sadly pretty useless)
I’ve paid mine this time, but have now cancelled the DD so it won’t be getting renewed next time, plus, I’m with Harry Hall as well and have been for years, but kept myBHS membership to support all the work they do, but tbh, I think it’s just gone up way too much now ?‍♀️

PeterNatt

s68.photobucket.com
I am so sorry to read that some people have not renewed their BHS membership. I have been a volunteer Bridleway/Access Officer for the BHS in excess of 40 years now and the work that our team in London and Hertfordshire has achieved has been quite impressive. We have improved numerous bridleways and byways and also created many new bridleways. I accept that no organisation is perfect but increasing the membership will result in the BHS being able to demonstrate that they are acting on behalf of horse riders in the U.K. when negotiating with local and national authorities.

Widgeon

Visit site
Just checked with my insurance and it was going to be an extra £25 for 6 months cover at up to 2 million per incident - that seemed a bit steep given that 2 million isn't much (relatively speaking)? To be honest Harry Hall is looking like the best deal (when you factor in a few discounts and free postage), and unfortunately given that it's currently costing me £100 a time to fill my car's fuel tank (eep!) I'm going to have to be selfish and choose the option that's least hard on the bank account....hopefully it's an academic exercise anyway as I sincerely hope my big daft furball is not going to cause 10 million pounds' worth of damages to anyone.....