BHS Meeting Update

PAK

Visit site
A message from Eve Equine - We asked for a response by today from the BHS Board. Sadly we have not received a reply to our letter and members’ concerns that you contributed to and supported. We now ask for your suggestions about next steps. Please comment here.

Eve Equine

Visit site
The letter and questions sent to the BHS board 24/01

Attachments

• Cover-letter-final- 2401 HC Ver 3 names redacted.pdf
    112.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Member Questions for BHS Board 050119 V25.pdf
    198 KB · Views: 1

Surbie

Visit site
A message from Eve Equine - We asked for a response by today from the BHS Board. Sadly we have not received a reply to our letter and members’ concerns that you contributed to and supported. We now ask for your suggestions about next steps. Please comment here.

To be fair, it was emailed on 24th. That gives 4 working days if a reply was anticipated this morning. In that time, with the amount of people who might need to be involved and with the breadth of concerns in the letter, the only thing I would expect in return is a holding reply while a detailed response is prepared.

Personally I would send a follow-up letter requesting a detailed response and giving a reasonable period for that to be prepared or requesting a meeting to discuss the contents of the letter. And at the same time I would prepare other options so the group is ready if and when those requests are ignored.

Eve Equine

Visit site
UPDATE; The BHS has now responded to the letter and is offer to meet some members. Considering a response and will get back to you shortly. Any thoughts?

Eve Equine

Visit site
To date, 900+ members, supporters and volunteers have voiced concerns, questions and opinions via social media and face to face. These concerns were presented in 150+ questions and made known to the BHS via a letter with an accompanying list of questions.

We have now received a response from the Board offering to meet with some members; this was an option we had offered in the covering letter, to take voting members who can listen to the board, help explain the concerns raised and feed back to all members.

The communication came from ‘Eve Equine’. A small group of us collated the information and sent it in Eve’s name as a voice for members. This information was shared with members before we sent it to the Board, Chairman and The Charity Commission.

Many of you have asked what next and suggested the following options were open to us: -

Option one - Accept the meeting - As some of you may be aware, events have led us to have concern about personal reprisals to the individuals attending and we will seek assurances on this front before progressing.

Therefore, we need you, the members, to trust the Eve Equine team to select a group to attend the meeting and we ask for your continued trust to act in the best interests of all members, as we have done to date. We in no way class ourselves as leaders; but rather the voice of members and stakeholders. We have aimed to ensure professional, informed, passionate, caring and unbiased facilitated communication. We will put together a group of people balancing the following criteria:
  • Geographic spread across UK
  • Expertise on financial matters
  • Expert knowledge of Articles of Association, as well as the AOA of other charities
  • Experienced equestrian within the sector
  • Ex-employee & Volunteer
  • Welfare, Access, Education and Safety
We will report back on the content of the meeting and seek input before continuing.

Alternative options that were considered:

Option two - Decline the meeting and petition for EGM. This carries the risk that we do not achieve the majority of “yes” votes required, resulting in no change.

Option three - Wait for the Board to announce plans to reconvene the general meeting adjourned on 5th January with a currently unknown approach to the ‘constitutional’ changes. They may not even schedule a further meeting. Again there is a risk of no change.

Option four - Wait and hope for an investigation by The Charity Commission. Timeline unknown, risk of no change.

Option five - Wait for June/July when 3 Trustee terms end. Ensure the selection of member-oriented candidates by some form of a “use your vote wisely” campaign. “Eve Equine” and members will have no control or influence over the candidates to go forward to the vote/co-option by the BHS Nominations Committee. Likely outcome would be a risk of no change.

The Eve Equine team felt it was important to follow a reasonable way forward and accept the offer to meet as was requested in the original letter sent to the BHS. Please continue to trust us to do the best we possibly can for you.

Note

About Eve Equine Profile – this open public profile was created to ensure that members and interested parties that don’t meet the admission criteria for the BHS Members’ page were engaged and had equal access and input to this process. The Eve Equine team is working independently of the admin of the BHS Members’ page, to ensure there is no bias and that all information is shared for the page admin to share.
Read more at https://forums.horseandhound.co.uk/...ety-c-k-up.767675/page-25#hPUcO45eiccWW7hX.99

Attachments

• email reply.PNG
    email reply.PNG
    41 KB · Views: 1
  • BHS-Members-info-v6-1.jpg
    BHS-Members-info-v6-1.jpg
    314.5 KB · Views: 1
  • BHS-Members-info-v6-2.jpg
    BHS-Members-info-v6-2.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 1

Surbie

Visit site
Eve Equine, whoever you are, what you are doing is almost certainly going to either derail or implode the whole group. Splitting off from it but still using all the information and data from it, corresponding on that group's behalf without consulting them, and not allowing a space where people who could be vulnerable to share their experience without a concern that it will be put in the public domain immediately. It's a very great pity this is how you've chosen to act.

PAK

Visit site
Dear Surbie - "whoever you are" indeed. At least I use my initials which clearly led you to an assumption about Eve Equine. Sorry you are wrong on that count. It's clearly taken some time for me to reply. Let me just say that there are (at least) two sides to this tale. I remain committed and active in working towards positive change. As far as I can tell, nothing derailed or imploded. This change will take lots effort from lots of people. I hope you are one of them and not merely a bystander. Thanks for your comments anyway.