BHS Stage 2

misterjinglejay

Visit site
I know I'm posting this in the wrong place, but I thought more people come in here than in Careers.

In order to take the BHS Stage 2, do you need to have taken Stage 1 riding?
I know you have to have Stage 1 Care, but I can't work out from reading the BHS site if you need the riding part as well.

Cheers (I think it's going to be 'one of those days')

Troylimbo1

Visit site
I know I'm posting this in the wrong place, but I thought more people come in here than in Careers.

In order to take the BHS Stage 2, do you need to have taken Stage 1 riding?
I know you have to have Stage 1 Care, but I can't work out from reading the BHS site if you need the riding part as well.

Cheers (I think it's going to be 'one of those days')

You have to have completed all off Stage 1 to do all of Stage 2. I believe you can take just the care section of the next stage up, but only after you complete the whole previous stage.
Clear as mud? :)
So in answer you need to do Stage 1 first

Blaise

Visit site
Before doing Stage 2 riding you definitley need to have passed your Riding and Road Safety test. For the rest, i always thought that to do the next level you have to have passed the appropriate section of the level before e.g. to do stage 2 riding you have to have passed stage 1 riding. I think you can do stage 2 Stable Management as long as you have passed stage 1 SM, i dont think you have to have passed stage 1 riding if you only want to do the SM section (hope that makes sense!) I may be wrong though, has been a while since i looked into it :)

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
You can do the care and riding halves separately - but have to have the exam before (or equivalent PC tests).
So you can only do the whole of Stage 2 if you've passed the whole of Stage 1. If you've only passed the care, you can only do the Stage 2 Care etc.
S :D