Big horse yard m6 before Stafford service's

Northern Hare

Visit site
I think it might be Groundslow Farm in Tittensor, Stoke-on-Trent. It's south of J15 on the M6, and you see it on your left hand side?

[ETA] I used to spend far too much of my life driving up and down the M6, and I used that livery yard as a measure on how my journey was going! I always thought it looked great - so many field shelters! ?

Last edited:

easteregg

Visit site
Yes it's probably Groundslow Farm/Parrott's livery yard. I've been there for about 14 years and it's pretty huge now! Good DIY livery yard with all year turnout and decent facilities, including off road hacking. The fields are well maintained and we are able to install our own field shelters.

Northern Hare

Visit site
Yes it's probably Groundslow Farm/Parrott's livery yard. I've been there for about 14 years and it's pretty huge now! Good DIY livery yard with all year turnout and decent facilities, including off road hacking. The fields are well maintained and we are able to install our own field shelters.

How amazing that you actually have your horse at that livery yard! ? It always fascinated me that there were so many field shelters, now I know the secret - they belong to the liveries! ?

Lexi_

Visit site
Ah I’ve always wondered this!

Also curious about who the gallops on the other side of the M6 near Keele belong to.

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Ooh I can’t tell you how many times I’ve wondered this on my drives up and down the M6 while I was flying. And always fancied a go on the gallops at the racing yard! Thanks for asking this.

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
How amazing that you actually have your horse at that livery yard! ? It always fascinated me that there were so many field shelters, now I know the secret - they belong to the liveries! ?

It also explains why some are better maintained than others!

Northern Hare I’ll wave at you on my way to Badminton this week!!