Big jump day in the USA

BunnyDog

Visit site
It was the unofficial "Jump a BIG Fence" day here today. The boys were awesome and I couldn't be more proud. Everyone was stellar but we're still getting fit so there are more regular size jumps to come before we do this again. (Too bad, it was a blast! )

There's a huge part of me that's in shock that I'm comfortable jumping this stuff. It wasn't long ago that a square 3'6" oxer would turn me to jello, but now.. it's just easy peasy. Many thanks go to Lauren Ella Roseberry for allowing me to bring Cudo here. I have no idea why but his ears, when I look through them, is a view to my dreams. Nothing is impossible and everything is worth a try.

As always huge thanks to my hubby John Salvaggio for suffering through part of a day off being the video guy and ambulance caller (if needed). 😂 I love you baby!

Videos are here:

Cudo schooling:

Chad schooling:

Attachments

• received_286314672301053.jpeg
    received_286314672301053.jpeg
    225.3 KB · Views: 13
  • received_354434911834621.jpeg
    received_354434911834621.jpeg
    207.1 KB · Views: 16
  • received_555988868223848.jpeg
    received_555988868223848.jpeg
    53.5 KB · Views: 15
  • received_408848599895848.jpeg
    received_408848599895848.jpeg
    50.7 KB · Views: 18
  • received_622363101568474.jpeg
    received_622363101568474.jpeg
    86.5 KB · Views: 17

TPO

Visit site
Plenty of scope there!

Both boys are gorgeous and look to be taking everything in their stride. I have a huge soft spot for Chad

BunnyDog

Visit site
Plenty of scope there!

Both boys are gorgeous and look to be taking everything in their stride. I have a huge soft spot for Chad

Chad is going to be a late bloomer I think. He's talented but awkward in that his body, legs and brain seem to take turns deciding which part won't quite be a part of the effort of the moment. I think he will be a very nice 7 year old and he really is a ton of fun. But he does get into tank mode where he tries to throw his head down to avoid legs, hands, steering etc. LOL

But then you circle and he's all there. Just your typical baby.

Em

Reactions: TPO

BunnyDog

Visit site
Wow they have come on so much and your body control is fantastic you make it look all so smooth.

Want to know the secret????

Subscribe to FEITV; ClipMyHorse; EqSports.net, and watch all the live streams you can.

I watch McLain kind of most but I was really captivated by the 'normal' rides in the UK and Europe when I came over. The different world of countries without the American Equitation platform are intriguing and fascinating. I watched all of the Longines Global Tour classes last year and I found myself trying little things. Now I am forever trying to keep my weight in my heels so clearly NOT emulating the Italians, but Luciana Diniz is a favorite to watch. And the quietness of the Belgians even when they get in deep is really cool. This past weekend I was rooting for Shino Hirota and Life is Beautiful. World Cup was clearly well above their abilities but....they were there and they kicked around so HUGE props to them. Lisa Williams was great to watch too as she is 4 years older than me.... so 4 years to get to 1.60. :oops::D:p:cool: Could be doable.

Last year during WEG I was enthralled by Rowan Willis and Blue Movie. I have never seen such a clear example of doing what the horse wanted and having it work out. TOUGH mare with exactly the right guy in the saddle.

Look at it this way, I know I can't afford a 1.40+ horse. I am going to have to make whatever horse I get. I have done pretty well for myself being able to take a lesson here or there but also spending time studying what works and what doesn't and trying to make a go of it on my own. I figure that's the best route for me.

Em

Reactions: TPO