Big praise post for my vets! Gibson + Lee

miller

Visit site
Just had to post about the brilliant service Katie from Gibson + Lee (Peterborough/Stamford) has given me this weekend.

She has been out (around 40 miles a time) 3 times now and coming back tomorrow morning as my 19yo had got Lymphangitis - she is always cheery and has been absolutely brillinat with him.

Yesterdays call was a 2nd panic call (after friday nights first one) as the antibiotic and bute wasn't bringing his temperature down, she gave brilliant advice over the phone and was happy to come straight back out to him (even with 2" of snow) and has been back this morning.

Alex was lovely on answering the initial call yesterday morning and I was told to not hesitate to ring her back if I'd had to leave a message for Katie and she hadn't got back to me in 5 mins

Absolutely brilliant service, thoroughly recommend them (as always) but just had to post!

Horse is now much better, temperature is down and swelling starting to disperse
smile.gif
hopefully just the one more visit tomorrow morning for one more IV jab

Bank balance not so good and I can't get through to NFU's claim department
crazy.gif

Nailed

Visit site
LMAO... if its any consilation.. i know how you feel.. I'm just lucky i can inject myself or my vet beill would of been 800 touch..

Lymphangitis is a horrible condition and its so horrible to watch your horse in that amount of pain, It really rips me apart to see Ted when he has a bout.

Is this your mares first bout? If your need any support or help in any shape or form.. let me know!

Lou x

miller

Visit site
Thnaks Lou!

I can inject but this is IV she's coming out to do
crazy.gif
don't think they'll let you do that!

He had it about 6 years ago when we had stangles on old yard but no sign of anything this time to trigger it - probably just a small cut or something
crazy.gif

He was in absolute agony friday night and yesterday morning but I think we're on the right track as he was 'ho ho ho-ing' for food this morning and he hasn't hardly eaten all weekend other than hay, oh and he managed to headbut me into the stable wall today - must be feeling better.

It's awful though - especially on saturday - making him walk and keep moving when it was so obviously painful for him - poor lad is normally as tough as an old boot but this really floored him
frown.gif

Had to resort to mixing his bute with honey and smearing it on his tongue as he won't eat it - think he's getting rather peed off with it all now though as every time he sees us he's either getting antibio's syringed down his throat, a needle stuck in his neck or a thermometer stuck up his ass
wink.gif
He wouldn't even take and apple off me yesterday - gives you a look as if you're poisoning him

Anna123

Visit site
Gibson & Lee are my vets too and also I'm hoping to use their breeding side, Tower Equine Fertility Services, next year. I have found all of their vets to be super - v helpful, good with the horses and just very caring and genuinely nice to have on the yard. Alex has done wonders for the office side, Clare who does the accounts is very precise (
wink.gif
) and Roger, one of the vets, what dreams are made of!
blush.gif
I haven't met Katie (she's the Kiwi vet?) yet but have heard lots of good things
smile.gif
. I couldn't recommend them more highly.

Baydale

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and Roger, one of the vets, what dreams are made of!

[/ QUOTE ]

dear oh dear
grin.gif
wink.gif

Thank you for the lovely comments
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Familiarity breeds contempt......
tongue.gif
wink.gif

miller

Visit site
Exactly Baydale - I was going to send a PM but user name had changed so had to post on main board - don't let Roger see ASM else he'll be impossible
grin.gif

Nice speaking to you earlier!

ASM2

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

Familiarity breeds contempt......
tongue.gif
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

...and all that glitters is not gold
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
!

Miller they've ALL seen. Happy vets = big Christmas bonus (and not your sort of bonus Anna
shocked.gif
)