Big tick in the things to do before you're 30 !

Ladylina83

Visit site
This is going to seem daft to some but I achieved something last night that has always had me a little worried !

Now I had quite a successful career with my old girl in workers we were together a decade before I had to say a very sad goodbye due to navi and stress lami at the age of 20 , very very sad times! However when it came to water trays EVERYTHING came to a very blunt stop which was a bit of a pain to say the least and as a rider I developed a bit of a complex and even though I worked hard on it I eventually gave up , some fights were not worth picking with this little horse (big attitude) but a home for life she was promised and thats what she got , try as she may to do me in !!

... So after a very painful decision and weeks of tears along comes new horse , its a long story, she just kind of found me but shes a 16.3 grey Irish hunter mare and I'm head over heels. I've had her 6 weeks and we've been taking it easy as she was bought from the field (Old guy given up riding- wanted her to go out and see the world as she is only 8) I've had well over a year off riding too and I'm a bit like a bag of spuds at the moment so weekly lessons for now but last night I hired an indoor locally just for a bit of mid week flat work initially but there just happened to be a workers course set up in the school ....

.... well it would be rude not to really wouldn't it !! we jumped everything ... everything everything everything INCLUDING THE WATER TRAY !!!!!

I am over the moon I could have cried , completely on cloud 9 :) I had no intention of even looking at it but as we rounded the corner she looked at it and I just knew she would jump it

Thanks Macey Gray , huge high five for giving me something to smile about. Loosing one but finding another just as special has been a roller coaster of emotions - but I am really looking forward to our future ! Especially as I passed my B+E last week and we are independent (2nd go)

Yippeeee

Is there any little thing with riding that worries you guys?? Something you would love to do but have built a wall around it ??? This just shows really sometimes its the little steps that make us feel like we acheive the most

Ladylina83

Visit site
Thank you, she is cracking I'm pleased as punch. I have a youngster (my other mares offspring) My intention was to get something to keep me ticking over and show him the way in life - I think she'll do that and more !

I don't have many photo's yet not good ones anyway as its blooming dark All the time :)

I'm gearing up to hunt on 22nd Dec and New Years day too so hopefully some good ones from that for me to share !