Big Vibes For T Monster Please :(

TalaveraII

Visit site
T was withdrawn from Oasby and Lincoln as he had what we thought was an infection in a tendon in his off fore. 5 days bute, Norodine, and box rest, it was still a little puffy but he was sound, so he had a couple of days gentle work, but its blown up again, and so has his off hind. We think the off hind is just a recurrence of the infection has he had a boot rub. He's got another 6 days bute & Norodine, with 20mins gentle hacking as work seems to take the swelling down. However, if the foreleg isn't perfectly back to normal and the definition crystal clear, he will be having a scan on his suspensory. He's been withdrawn from Burnham Mkt.

Please can I have lots of vibes that the 6days bute/Norodine will work? He's never had a lame day in the 10yrs we've had him so I'm a bit :(:(:(:(:(:(

Thank you.

tinkerbell88

Visit site
I've got my fingers crossed for you!! Hopefully he just needs this second dose of norodine to get rid of the infection and all will be fine!! I know it's expensive unless you've got insurance but maybe getting the leg scanned anyway as a precaution wouldn't be a bad idea. Let us know how it goes x

kerilli

Visit site
fingers very firmly crossed, eeek. i think i'd get him scanned just to be sure, but i doubt your vet will do that until the swelling has gone down anyway.
are you still icing it? does the swelling go down a bit the moment you walk him out of the box?
flipping horses. :( :(

Sneedy

Visit site
Hope he gets better soon. Was going to suggest the same as tinkerbell88, if you're worried why don't you get it scanned sooner rather than later (if its not horrifically filled the vet should be happy to do it), you'll know what you're dealing with then?

milz88

Visit site
Hope it goes down soon, my horse had a completely unexplained puffed leg with no definition in it about a week ago, he has bute and light work, it took 10 days to go down properly.... it can take a while for swelling to decrease, now he is sounds a pound (touch lots of wood).... he was only about 2/10ths lame at its worst, just had a massive leg!! so fingers crossed it will go down when its ready.

Chloe_GHE

Visit site
Huge vibes for T, fingers crossed

If it's any consolation you're not the only one having a bad week :( I think there must be an epidemic of bad luck about atm as I just got my pay slip expecting my bonus to cover £400 worth of car tax, insurance, and repairs only to find no bonus as the company didn't make enough profit in Oct-Dec :( Not only that but I'm trying to save for a deposit for my first flat so was kinda counting on that, Soap has overreached and the exhaust fell off my car on the way home yesterday!!!!!

Join me in a rather thrown together 'bugger off bad luck and hello £ and sound horses' dance?... I'm willing to try anything! :) Chin up chick :)

dieseldog

Visit site
Fingers crossed for T

My mare had a recurring flare up of a boot rub type thing. Anti Bs and bute would clear it, but it kept coming back. Eventually I was given a Steriod Cream that is used for Mud Fever, and touch wood it has now stayed away for a year. Might be worth asking about steriods to clear up his back leg.