bigger shows

Cinders

Visit site
hiya

Well after having a fantastic 2 days doing dressage at trailblazers and having it made even more special by being placed 8th, i m looking for something else to aim towards.

I was just wondering if there are anymore bigger shows that you have to qualify for that i could compete in dressage at? Having only been used to going to small local comps i thoroughly enjoyed the whole atmosphere and it was alot of fun staying away and would love to do something like that again!

emerald2006

Visit site
yeah the dressage championshsips in wales will be a good one. u need 58% or above to qualify and there is a choice of 3 sets of prelims and 3 sets of novices that u can qualify for. £75 for 3 nights stablng plus competing on fri sat and sun and pitching a tent and caravan. plus is a real good laugh there!

Cinders

Visit site
thanks for your suggestions!

dieselDog- i ve been looking through their website and that sounded like a fab show but unfortunately there aren't any centres near me that allow you to qualify and also to get to chepstow it would take me over 4 hours i reckon!

Bananaman- for the nat champs i assume thats the team things? I am a member of a riding club and did put myself donw for the team dressage but never took it any further than that as at that point my pony wasn't working in any sort of outline and i didn't think we'd be goood enough lol maybe next year! Once again the area festivals sound great but i m not sure whether we're really good enough to affiliate lol

lizzie_liz

Visit site
i was affliated last year and really enjoyed it, you did really well at Trailblazers and sound good enough. You only need 2 tests above 59% to go to area festivals. the standard at the competition from horses which weren't really working in an outline to those who were good enough for regionals but probs and seconditis.
I really recommend going BD, but why not go on a day ticket and see how you do and then decide whether to affliate or not.

star

Visit site
agree with all of that. if you did well enough to get placed at trailblazers then try affiliated. you can do aff prelim without paying out to join or you can do novice on a day ticket. see what scores you get and then make the decision to go for it or not. i didn't think i'd be good enough, but was very pleasantly surprised and did better aff than i did at the local riding club stuff!

MrsMagoo

Visit site
Hi, read somwhere about the david Broome Championships...whats the website?? thanks
smile.gif

Cinders

Visit site
here's the webby http://www.cricklands.com/champsframeset.htm

I think then maybe affiliating is the way to go but will definately have a go first before joining as it all sounds rather expensive! I have looked on the BD website and i m slightly confused by how it all works. Am i right in saying you dont even need a ticket to do prelim classes even if your not a member? If so does that mean i just enter a prelim class like i would any unaff class?

Evadiva1514

Visit site
Well done on your placing at the Championships!!

I would definitely have a go at Affiliated if i were you. Ive had so much fun since affiliating my boy and we are now looking to start elementary soon (something that i never thought i would do when i first bought him!!). As for the prelim you can enter the open classes without buying a ticket to ride. If you did affiliate you have the chance to qualify for Area Festivals, Regional Finals and gaining lots of BD points.

As Star was saying if you are a little unsure about it just buy a ticket and ride in a Novice Restricted class and see how you go. Generally the marks are more consistent, the judging is fairer and you have the opportunity to progress. Good luck and as Finn Mccool says it was the best thing Alfie and i have ever done too!! LOL!!

Cinders

Visit site
hehehe! i might be brave and give it a go then! Although do you think i should just go for it within like the next few month or wait until we've moved up to novice level unaff first?

Basically within the 3 months between qualifying for trailblazer final and actually going, i had many lessons and worked so hard to improve our dressage and we got results! Went from a pokey nosed pony who worked in no outline to a little dressage ponio! lol

star

Visit site
i wouldn't do novice affiliated until you've tried it unaffiliated, but certainly have a go at some affiliated prelim. ring BD and get a prelim registration number (no cost) and get them to send you the entry forms and the latest BD magazine so you can look at the schedules, then just enter!