Biggest Commentary Mistake at the Olympics?

woodtiger

Visit site
For me it was Andy Austin commenting that Rich Feller's stallion Flexible "lacked scope"... Errr, the horse won both the USEF selection trials he did and the World Cup Final 2012, so no he doesn't lack any scope!

And Mike Tucker saying that "this is as big as it gets" well, yea it is the Olympics after all!

spotiedog

New User
Visit site
Mike Tucker managed to talk all over the music in the Dressage to music, his other classics included "the Australian flags are out for the Austrian rider, and Mark Todd British rider" and he gets paid foe his constant drivel

stolensilver

Visit site
I've forgiven Mike Tucker for all his gaffes because of what he said after Britain won their first ever dressage gold medal.

"I make no apologies. We're taking off our headsets and we are going to SING!" as the national anthem was about to be played.

:) :D :)

skewbaldpony

Visit site
My very favourite was the interview with Carl, where he said, 'Charlotte is my other half' and the shocked interviewer, obviously thinking, but you're GAY! said -

'Not literally?'

No, because that would look very weird indeed, and we would only be able to ride the one horse between us ...

charleysummer

Visit site
And Mike Tucker saying that "this is as big as it gets" well, yea it is the Olympics after all!

He clearly had a change of heart as he was blabbering on about a horse in the showjumping, obviously running out of things to say and ended up saying something along the lines of

'The horse will hopefully move on to bigger and better things'

!

oh i'm sorry, bigger and better than the OLYMPICS?

:p:p

Judgemental

The Internet makes one's location irrelevant
Visit site
I've forgiven Mike Tucker for all his gaffes because of what he said after Britain won their first ever dressage gold medal.

"I make no apologies. We're taking off our headsets and we are going to SING!" as the national anthem was about to be played.

:) :D :)

No he did not, he said "we,re taking off our cans and we are......"

bongo-girl

Visit site
No he did not, he said "we,re taking off our cans and we are......"

Grrr pet peeves. Don't use technical jargon. Its like when breakfast show tv presenters (especially, but not wholly) say things like 'as we saw in the VT....'...its not a VT unless you are in a newsroom or an editing suite. To the folks at home its 'the film' or 'the piece' even....not a frikkin' VT.

And actors, presenters of these 'VTs' or produced programmes. When you are doing pre show publicity and you are on the sofa talking about when your latest crime drama/wildlife documentary/reality programme goes out on air don't tell us at home that its TX date is xx.xx.xxxx. Tell us when it will be 'shown', 'aired' or 'on'.

Enough!

Judgemental

The Internet makes one's location irrelevant
Visit site
Grrr pet peeves. Don't use technical jargon. Its like when breakfast show tv presenters (especially, but not wholly) say things like 'as we saw in the VT....'...its not a VT unless you are in a newsroom or an editing suite. To the folks at home its 'the film' or 'the piece' even....not a frikkin' VT.

And actors, presenters of these 'VTs' or produced programmes. When you are doing pre show publicity and you are on the sofa talking about when your latest crime drama/wildlife documentary/reality programme goes out on air don't tell us at home that its TX date is xx.xx.xxxx. Tell us when it will be 'shown', 'aired' or 'on'.

Enough!

Quite. Actually when he first said it, because he said it twice, I though he said, he was off to the loo - aka - can:eek:

-Sj-

Visit site
I thinkthe she's australian was probably a touch of sarcasm since there was alot of hoohaa about their team members maybe lol