Billy Stud auction

alexomahony

Visit site
Did anyone watch it? I kept popping back to see what prices they were going for and while some were mind-blowing money, others were achievable - which excites me as if I ever find myself in a position where I can buy a horse (rather than be gifted one that no one else wants), The Billy Stud would be my first place to go!

TheMule

Visit site
The proper jumpers made good money, or you could pick up a fairly average jumper for a very reasonable price considering it included a vetting, x-rays and a nice early education

Orchard14

Visit site
Yes wrong choice of words it was the name I wanted. The “Cooley” horses seem to be dominating the entry lists at the mo!

alexomahony

Visit site
The Cooley horses are lovely aren't they <3

Yes, for a 4 year old, that you know has had a good start, xrays, vetting etc and will be very well handled (I expect they've all had good experiences clipping and loading etc) some of the auctions ended at 4-8k, which in a fair few years I'd hopefully be able to spend buying my 'dream' horse.

In this particular auction, my dream of all dream horses a lovely blood type chestnut went for way above that - about 30k! Top top horse went for about 48k I think, a white grey.

Branna

Visit site
The Cooley horses are lovely aren't they <3

Yes, for a 4 year old, that you know has had a good start, xrays, vetting etc and will be very well handled (I expect they've all had good experiences clipping and loading etc) some of the auctions ended at 4-8k, which in a fair few years I'd hopefully be able to spend buying my 'dream' horse.

In this particular auction, my dream of all dream horses a lovely blood type chestnut went for way above that - about 30k! Top top horse went for about 48k I think, a white grey.

On her way to Nick Skelton's yard according to the Billy Stud fb page!

I would definitely consider going there in the future, some very reasonable prices.

ihatework

Visit site
Good to see some of the British brand attracting reasonable prices.
The lower priced ones weren’t really that impressive but then the right production can do wonders, especially for Eventing where they don’t need quite as much raw scope as the jumpers.

It’s also interesting to see that the ones that look like performers still go for decent £ despite vetting questions. The one that was a super model that I would have fancied was around the 20k mark even with mismatched feet and an asymmetric pelvis

Anyway, there is one possibly 2 of them headed to a friend so it will be interesting to see in flesh when they arrive.