Bioflow Products......

nijinsky

www.xaraymax.co.uk
Does anyone use/has anyone used this product for either humans or animals, would be interested in your opinions - good or bad.

Quite a few vets/doctors are recommending them & I have just bought a collar for my dog who has elbow dysplasia but can't comment yet as he's only been wearing it for 2 days.

RachelB

Visit site
Oh please Lord don't let the huge debate start again! There are various (huge) thread in competition riders about the effects of magnets.
My friend uses the Bioflow tendon wraps and really rates them, she got hers after her horse had tendonitis and was so impressed she's now a distributor.

nijinsky

www.xaraymax.co.uk
Oops - don't really go on competition riders that much - missed that one!!

Sorry - don't want to start anything.

Yes, I've seen the boots for horses, my mare has mild arthritis in her hocks, was gonna see how my dog gets on with the collar first. I read many articles saying how arthritic dogs had a new lease of life with the product so thought I'd try it out. I suppose it's probably one of those things that works for some & doesn't for others.

A lot of my husband's golf friends wear the bracelets.

hannah87

Visit site
we got a bioflow collar for our old golden retriver who was arthritic, and genearlly feeling her age - the difference in her was amazing with the collar on!!she would actually run - hadnt so much as broken into a jog for a a year or so before hand. Just to check we took collar off for a few days and she went back downhill, collar back on and she was great again!!
i wear a bracelet, and my horses hae the brushing boots and stable wraps.

Quarrybank

Visit site
I have a bracelet for me & it really helps me.
I also have a rug for the horses & again I think it helps them too.

People have strong views both way! However I think there is something in it. I don't know why or how, but to me it does seem to work.
grin.gif

BroadfordQueen

Visit site
I worked at a showjumping yard and they had a resident shetland that is 30 odd and has arthritis. She is fine out in the field and can walk around easily, but once in the stable she gets really stiff and cant walk (she can kind of shuffle around abit but cant really bend her legs). She has some bioflow boots, and as soon as you put them on her she could walk around like a normal horse, so i do think they genuinely work, somehow!

SusieJane

Visit site
I got one for my daughter who has juvenile arthritis ~ but it didn't do much....

... having said that, I broke & dislocated my little & ring finger 10 weeks ago, and have been in agony ~ so put bracelet on a week ago,
fingers feel great, so much so, I can type with all fingers again!

grandmaweloveyou

Visit site
not been involved in any thread or debate about this, can just tell you our dog has a bioflow collar for arthritis and OH really recommends it and has seen a difference
smile.gif

georgiegirl2

Visit site
ive got a friend who is a distributer for bioflow, she really rates them although i cant help feeling she is a little biased!
smirk.gif

was talking to one of the orthopaedic surgeons at work about magnetic therapy and he says its a load of bol****s - ah well the debate continues!

ive no opinion either way as i havent used them!

NicoleD

Visit site
I was spending £45 a week on physio before i got a waist band now i wear it twice a week and no more physio!! Dont know how it works but it does!

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Where OH used to milk one day a week, they had a cow dog which was pretty ancient; all she could do was sleep in the sun all day, no more going down the field to fetch up the cows. She had been on supplements, oil, tablets, you name it they had tried them and she was so tottery the last time he was there they were planning on having her put down at the weekend. The farmers also run a B & B and a client was a Bioflow rep'. A week later he goes and Meg is racing down the field to get the cows in for him, just like she used to do a couple of years before. The difference was amazing, she was a ten years younger dog in the space of that week. It was all down to a Bioflow collar! That was six years ago and she is still going strong, think she is 15/16 now and without that collar she wouldn't have seen her ninth birthday. If they take the collar off at all, she is back to being doddery within a day.

gwenoakes

New User
Visit site
My daughter has a TB/ID that had a nasty kick on his fetloc resulting in 3 operations and some bone capsule being removed. The best scenario from the vet was he would be a light hack. We use the boots and the rug and he is now in dressage work. Also had a rescue dog that had been severely beaten on the back end, put a collar on her and she was much better. I myself use a wristband as have osteoarthritis in my knee and also had a mastectomy some years ago which resulted in a swollen aching arm. Have much less pain in the knee and also arm doesnt swell and ache.
The Bioflow have patented the Central Reverse Polarity magnet module that produces a unique field that has a similar effect to the equipment used in hospitals and by physiotherapists. What this means in general terms is that it increases circulation. All products have a 90 day money back guarantee, but they do take 15% off for refurbishment.
I was so impressed with it that I became a distributor some years ago.
You must remember to keep the magnets clean, especially on the wrist bands and dog/cat collars, just wipe with a soft damp cloth. They recommend that humans drink at least 6 glasses of water a day. Also if your cat/dog has lots of fur try cutting a small amount off where the magnet rests to make a better contact. There is no guarantee that it will work though but I have found that in 95% of cases it does help.
Whoops, sorry about what turned into an epistle, bet you have guessed I do believe in them!

Edited to add - Whats with the 'stranger' under my name? I know I am a newbee but.............

nijinsky

www.xaraymax.co.uk
Thanks you guys - all very positive. My dog's only had it on since Sunday, so fingers crossed there will be some improvement in him. For those of you who have dogs wearing the collars - (sorry if this should be in the dogs forum), how do you make sure the collar doesn't move round, does the magnet have to stay in the same place on the side of the neck. I was told to keep the magnet on the left side of the dogs neck, on or near the pulse, but when he plays with other dog obviously the collar moves around (it isn't hanging loose but I haven't got it so tight that it doesn't move)????

gwenoakes

New User
Visit site
I have never been told to say to keep the magnet to the left side Nijinsky and lots of people as well as myself have had a great success with them on dogs.
They originated because a man put a magnet in his trouser pocket and it eased his arthritis which wasnt the leg where the magnet was in the pocket.
It increases the blood flow/circulation all over the body, despite being worn on a particular part of the body.
I do hope it helps your dog as there is nothing worse than an animal that is suffering.

nijinsky

www.xaraymax.co.uk
Oh Jeez - the woman I bought it from said the dog magnet must be situated on the left side of the dog on or near the pulse, so I'm checking it constantly that the collar hasn't spun round. So, it doesn't matter then where the magnet is situated?

My dog was doing ok on the medication he's on but we've since got a new puppy & of course they play constantly, I try to supervise it as best I can but at the end of the day I want him to still be a dog and have some fun.

gwenoakes

New User
Visit site
Tell you what it would be a very clever dog owner that could keep the collar in one position LOL.
Seriously though I would not worry, like I said when my dog had the collar it worked and I know the collar moved round.