Bishop Burton School Jumping! My first ever report too! :)

aramis

Visit site
Never done one of these, but have read many and decided the time has come! a bit about us first, my horse is called Harry, he's a 9 y/o, 16.2 warmblood, I've had him a year, last year did pony club teams, a few ODEs and some unaff showjumping, hopefully this year we'll register BS and do some more ODEs! Also we need lots of CC as lacking lots of practice, this was my first show back after all the snow and breaking my arm!

Anyway, we went to Bishop Burton for the schools competition, we entered for the 90cm team, and then the 1m individual. Thankfully we didn't have to wait round for ages apu ;) quickly walked the course, watched a few of the individuals and went to tack up and get ready. Was a really nice course, as they always are there I find, with the second fence, a dog leg with rainbow fillers, catching everyone out. Warmed up quite nicely and forward, jumped a couple then went in. There was only 3 in our team as one went lame, then the other ponies weren't really in the mood so our team was eliminated, but Harry jumped a nice clear except had the first fence down - my fault, should have ridden it a bit more. Then froze to death before the 1m, which we went in a, guess what. As if I hadn't learnt already, first fence down! :mad::D Very much my fault, got him really deep and just sat doing nothing! Then he went clear from then on, ended up that only one person went clear so they baced placings on the first round times, so we got a fifth! :) although thats another pink rosette! ;)
IMG_0456.jpg

Will try and add the vids, lots of CC please, need tips to point my toes in and not sit up so quickly I think! Thanks!! :D:D
90cm:
http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy296/danrichardson95/?action=view&current=1-1.mp4
1m:
http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy296/danrichardson95/?action=view&current=2.mp4

Last edited:

tina579

Visit site
Sorry, no cc but I just wanted to say how lovely your horse was. I was there yesterday (my little sister was jumping my horse) and he just looked really lovely. No cc as I was to busy playing mother hen for my sister as its only her first few outings on my horse, who I wouldnt by anymeans say is easy (I think I would term it more bluntly as he's an idiot). Well done on your 5th though.

kez1001

Visit site
no CC from me just wanted to say lovely report and i think it was an unlucky pole, to be very critical you dropped the contact and your position a bit.

horse looks like he is in a good rhythm and the the round gets better as you go on which would actually say to me you just need to get back into the swing of things. well done on your ribbons too :)

aramis

Visit site
Thank you for the replies! Tina, what was your sisters horse like? was walking round between classes for ages that I must have seen her! my dad nearly missed my round, to busy sleeping next to the heaters!
kez, thanks for the comments, definitely sat like a wet fish to the first on both occasions! he has a good rhythm normally, agree I need to get back into it and see my strides a bit more! thanks again! :D

NR99

Visit site
No CC from me, just a well done you still got a rozzie. Your horse is lovely and you were both probably a bit ring rusty so lots of great things to come this season :D

tina579

Visit site
She was riding the big black thing that was jumping like a mad thing (shall I just continue to say he is hers and not mine??), although I think part of it was that she had a chest infection and in hindsight shouldn't have been riding but hey ho. I passed you your jacket at one point. It was the first time I have been to BB as it is prob a little far but it is so lovely! Are you going dressaging on thurs?

aramis

Visit site
aah I remember you! yes thanks a again for passing it! it is quite a big place when your just getting to know your horse, certainly more intimidating arena and brighter fences than all my local centres! not doing the dressage, only just managed to get one day of school as we had half term last week! are you? good luck if you are!

aramis

Visit site
No CC from me, just a well done you still got a rozzie. Your horse is lovely and you were both probably a bit ring rusty so lots of great things to come this season :D

thank you! hopefully will be a good season, spent last year getting used to horses and him so fingers crossed! :D

tina579

Visit site
It is def pretty big, she is doing realy well and despite the whole been an idiot warming up he did do 2 clear rounds out of three and when inside looked about acceptable. He's quite a step up for her as she is tiny but we'll see. Yup they are off dressaging again, could be fun but unfortunately I can't go watch :(.
Well done on your rossie!

aramis

Visit site
It is def pretty big, she is doing realy well and despite the whole been an idiot warming up he did do 2 clear rounds out of three and when inside looked about acceptable. He's quite a step up for her as she is tiny but we'll see. Yup they are off dressaging again, could be fun but unfortunately I can't go watch :(.
Well done on your rossie!

say well done to her for the clear rounds! some our teams had trouble with a few of the fences! the first time our school went there the majority of ponies didn't make it to the first fence! :)

Befney3

Visit site
Well done. Sounds like you had a good day. I think your face in the picture says it all, you look a bit like you're about to roll your eyes at the pinkness of the rosette. :)

aramis

Visit site
Thank you everyone! :D

cruzing, he is such a super horse! very pleased with him! :)
Befney3, yes there may have been some eye rolling! :D it will be on my wall nice and proudly with the other pink collection I now have! was a very good end to a great day though! :)
measles, ugh must be the turn of the men to get pink! at least it will give me a reason to want to progress! try and get some more greens and blues! (maybe a few reds too, they're not too bad! :D)

tina579

Visit site
She says thanks. Her school are pretty new to it all. Well done to you for gettin your rosette and fingers crossed for more red and blue ones next time!

aramis

Visit site
Well done Dan :D I wish I was still at SAX so I could've been on the team with you :( Let me know when you're going again and I'll come and groom for you :)

I need your grooming skills desperately! I can do the actual plaits but when it comes to rolling them! :eek: they all look so different! think I'm so good at it I just vary the style between each plait ;):p I wish you were still on our team :( even though there was only us 3 we still were the best! :D when I come to college we'll get another team! :)

Cazzah

Visit site
Well done on your placing (shame about the colour ;) ). Both nice rounds - flowed nicely :D

When I was at SAx (years and years ago) they did inter-schools but I had transport issues - I sulked for ages so am very jealous!

aramis

Visit site
Thanks Cazzah! :) We've been going for about 2 years now, although if its any consolation normally if they're on a school day I can never go, but Dad was on holiday for this one! :D