Bit advice

emmacl

Visit site
I have a 4yr old luso stallion currently schooling for dressage nxt season currently riding him in a french link baucher snaffle
just wondered what everyone else uses and the reasons as thinking of changing as not happy but not sure what to change to,also how would you make the transition to a double bridle as do not want to ruin him before ive started plenty of advice being thrown at me but no reasonings! very confused now
confused.gif

sarahhelen1977

www.adonnis.co.uk
I find most horses I have trained are pretty comfortable in a loose ring french link/lozenge snaffle - except for my IDx gelding who only likes his JP curved mouth loose ring snaffle. The luso we have at work goes well in a NS verbindend eggbutt bridoon - she is working at Adv. Med.+ though.
I wouldn't put a double bridle on a horse until it was established, going well and accepting the snaffle bridle.

251libby

Visit site
When i first got my mare as a 4year old she seemed really unhappy in the mouth in a egg butt single jointed snaffle, so i tried her in loadsa bits but found the one shes happiest in and goes really well in is the kk sprenger loose ring snaffle with the "peanut lozenge" I know they are really expensive but the cheaper copies are very good too and they are dressage legal, I too want to try her in a double bridle but tbh have been putting it off even though shes now 8 and we seem to be the only ones in WHH that is in a snaffle!!