asterid

Visit site
Musing over bit banks really.

Do you use them?

How often?

What type of bit do you hire?

What make of bit do you hire?

What do you like about bit hire?

What would you want from a bit hire service?

Me personally, I like to try different bits occasionally and generally go for snaffles or pelhams and the expensive brands, so it is good to hire a bit to see if it works. Then if it does I generally by a second hand one for cheaper on an auction website.

I also like the horsebit shop for only having to pay £10 for hire. But obviously they can be a bit hit and miss.

Whats your views?

Wheels

Visit site
Won't use horse bit shop again ever.

I have recently used the horse bit bank with great success, was trying to find a nice bit for my youngster and they were very helpful and after trying a few we are now happy. The ones I sent back were refunded quickly and the ones I ordered arrived the next day generally.

I usually don't chop and change just for the sake of it though, I only change bits if something's not quite right

Super_starz

Visit site
Im using horse bit shop at the moment as they are the only company i could find that hire rubber Beris bits. They have been good so far.

bounce

Visit site
I occasionally use my local tack shops to hire bits. Although you pay the full price up front you do get a refund minus a small hire charge for every week you are trialling it for.
I have previously used the horse bit shop but had such horrendous service that I would never use them again.