Bit for dressage - help

MagicMelon

Visit site
Basically I feel my horse has got too used to his Myler (its the snaffle one with roller thing in middle, one of the few dressage-legal Mylers) as I've ridden him in it permanently for all disiplines for years. He was starting to get slightly strong, well not strong - just not listening quite quick enough in it when show jumping. So I changed to a french link hanging cheek which seemed better for a little while.

Im wondering what bit you would recommend (must be dressage legal) for a horse who tends to lean slightly but also sometimes come above the bit (we have a problem with being tense, well I do which goes to him!)? People have said Neu-Shule (sp) bits are great but I cant work out which are dress-legal!

PucciNPoni

Visit site
I don't know which nue schuele bit is best - but if you phone their helpline they will help you - and they will advise you which is dressage legal and which is not. I recently did some research on bitting for my Welsh D and she confirmed that the bit I was looking in to was good for correcting our problem - we had it on twice and WOW what a difference. I've even found when she's NOT wearing that bit, she's remembered the lesson from when she did have it in her gob. Best 70 quid I ever spent!