Bit for strong cob cross country!

cg91

Visit site
Ok so I use a snaffle in everything we do and he generally is very well behaved (odd cheeky bolt/buck). He always seems in good form and rarely spooks he's generally just a bit cheeky.

Unfortunately when it comes to cross country he is nuts for galloping any direction you point him, cannot even trot him, he just gets so excited. I started using the Dutch gag last year, second ring generally but sometimes third ring, he's got a lot fitter from I got him and the gag doesn't seem to work now. I don't want to be harsh to him but just being able to slow him down or possibly stop would be nice lol!

hypopit

Visit site
I used to have to hunt my strong Cob in a dutch gag, or Gag. I actually found that the Copper roller bit was great for him. It is a milder bit to the Dutch gag but it stopped him setting against my hands and gave me a lot more control when his brain popped!! Also lots of schooling as well helped obviously, but he would get very strong in company whatever. I liked that bit kept him in it for years. You have to just try various ones as they are all so different.

cg91

Visit site
I have a copper roller on his snaffle bit! But when he's decided he wants to gallop it definitely doesn't help in the slightest lol! He's just so strong and he knows it!