bit help please....

seaview

Visit site
Boring I know but..

Have been riding v green youngster in hanging cheek, he is quite strong but lately he has been riding too low and tanking with me that way! I know this can be the thing with these bits as it encouranges them to ride low, I however need something to basically lift him up so I can ride him more uphill IYKWIM

We also have a slight steering problem too at the mo as in he finds it extremely diff to go straight especially in to fences!

Has anyone any miracle bits they could suggest to stop me banging my head off a wall?

Alternatively has anyone a magic wand that would make him ride like a 7 year old lol!!!

Thanks in advance

Nat
xx

dianchi

Visit site
Hmmm youngsters are tricky.

I would say something with cheeks Either Full cheek or fullmer snaffle could help with guiding towards fences!, as you can get them with any mouthpiece now.

I always like a waterford mouthpiece with babies cos they cant snatch at it but they can play with it!

lizzieuk1

Visit site
well stating the obvious have you done plenty of flatwork with him, in my experience if you concentrate on that first the straightness will improve significantly, if you've already done that then try using guide poles when you're jumping to help him funnel in straight, as for a bit, depends how strong he is really, sounds like you need one with cheeks so thinking of the fulmer types, perhaps a french link fulmer or if he's v strong maybe the dr.bristol but as hes young would be v careful with that. i really like the lozenge bits as they work less on the bars and more on the tongue. am not meaning to advertise for anyone but have you looked at www.shop4bits.co.uk they let you try before you buy so that may be the way forward.

seaview

Visit site
Yeah we are working really hard on his flatwork and I am having good lessons with him. It just seems that the more we do and the more he learns he gets cocky and pulls on you iykwim.
I will have a good luck at that site on my lunch,
Thanks for your help,

Nat
x

sherwood'

Visit site
I would agree a Waterford mouthpiece in a loose ring type bit wud be good for him! waterfords r stronger and the loose ring stops him leanining!