Bit of a moan, new share horse may not work out....sigh :(

Umbongo

Visit site
Finally found a lovely share horse, nice owner, very flexible etc.

Rode out a couple of times at weekend, then met the YO. Came across as a little controlling......owner doesn't think she is happy about having a sharer on the yard.

Tried to get there this morning, the idea is I ride during the week (can only do mornings atm with the dark evenings) Took me an hour to get halfway there, so much traffic. Tried to go a different way, more traffic a car accident, getting lost etc. I knew it would take a little longer but not this bad!

In the end I turned around and came home! Horse is very close to M25 so I am not sure I have much hope of getting there weekday mornings :(

The joys of living in London :D

Bernster

Visit site
Can't help with the traffic and the joys of the M25, that is def one of the 'things' about living near London! On the share side, I wonder if it would help if the owner has a chat with the YO and gives her a bit more info. Has she introduced you for example, does the YO know the arrangements? I don't know what kind of yard you're on. Ours is lovely and friendly and very welcoming, but the YO does still like to be told about share arrangements, so it makes life easier if people do that, and might just mean you get off to a better start?

The upside about London is maybe there are more people looking for shares so if this doesn't work out, there's likely to be plenty more! Good riders round our yard barely need a horse, they get to ride everyone else's !