Bit of a strange one?

Taffster

Visit site
Just sold my saddle (very very cheap) on ebay and the girl has just emailed to ask for the girth flaps to be sent before she gives feedback (and i get my money). I had the saddle made along with another for my cob and neither have girth flaps is this unusual and am i breaching selling terms and can she refuse to pay me??
I never even thought about it until she asked

Taffster

Visit site
She ought to sort herself out then she has just bought a nearly new english leather show saddle for less than it costs for a cheap synthetic saddle

miss_c

Visit site
Have you already sent her the saddle? I would be worried about sending girth flaps (if I had them) before payment, as she could potentially then refuse to pay but has them etc. Tell her the truth - the saddle doesn't have any - but advise them of the approximate cost of buying them at her local tack shop.

Taffster

Visit site
I did i emailed her saying the saddle didnt come with any when i had it made but could give her the number for the saddler that made it and i'm sure she'd make her some.

I was just worreid if i had sold an incomplete item and it give her a reason to send it back, saying that she would be mad to - she really has got a bargain

Taffster

Visit site
I didnt the saddle has never had any on, so it sounds like i'm ok then. it jsut didnt come with any and there is nothing ic an do about that i certainly wont be paying for any - i'd end up paying for her to buy my saddle

LauraWinter

Visit site
It sounds like she is trying to be sure that you are going to send the saddle and that you are an actual person with an actual saddle to sell because of that whole thing about leaving feedback before you get the money, and hence before you actually send it?
confused.gif

Taffster

Visit site
She has the saddle she got it yesterday! She even said she thinks it will fit perfectly but will not leave feedback until i send the flaps - which i cant do because i dont have them and it has never had any on because it didnt come with any when i had it made to measure for my biglad

Lauraoscardillon

Visit site
all sounds like a bit of a muddle. you should call her and tell her exactly what youve said here, that you had the saddle made to measure but it didnt come with any girth flaps

LauraWinter

Visit site
Oh I see.......
blush.gif
I misunderstood, thought you meant it had just sold and she had emailed you. I must say that's good of you to send it before you get the money! Sounds like she has got a right bargain and doesn't know how lucky she is....
mad.gif

From a legal point of view, girth guards are not a part of the saddle itself nor does every saddle have them so given that you didnt say it had I would think she hasn't got a leg to stand on....

wildpoppywild

Visit site
tht seems very strange to me tht she's paid but u cant have the money?? in my eyes then she hasnt paid u. i would of wanted a deposit before sending it personally!

LauraWinter

Visit site
She might be able to 'cancel' a payment I guess but I don't really know... It seems like that would leave the seller very exposed in which case ebay/paypal need to sort that out. Maybe she will get back to you and say that's fine if the saddle didn't have them? I guess the worst case scenario is that she sends the saddle back if she doesn't pay for it- she certainly won't get away with keeping it AND not paying. I suppose its annoying for you though waiting for the money to be released. Poor you, best of luck
frown.gif

Taffster

Visit site
I am new to ebay which is why i posted I am a little concerned that i cant get my money until she leaves feedback its sat in a holding account through paypal. In my eyes if i have sent it and she has recevied it there is no reason i cant get my money. it seems absolutely ridiculous to me, especially as shes got what she paid for ive sold it cheaply and she is making demands for things i dont have before she'll give feedback allowing the money to be released to me!
It all seems a bit strange to me

martlin

www.martlinequestrian.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]
tht seems very strange to me tht she's paid but u cant have the money?? in my eyes then she hasnt paid u. i would of wanted a deposit before sending it personally!

[/ QUOTE ]

It's E-bay, when you buy something of value or certain type of item, you pay by paypal, the seller gets message that you have paid in order to send goods, but doesn't actually transfer money into sellers account until you have left them positive feedback.
It is supposed to make it safer to buy, but in fact is an absolute robbery on the sellers.
I encourage all buyers of mine to pay by alternative means to PayPal, although I'm obliged to offer that option.

Taffster

Visit site
And sending the saddle back comes with its own issues, what if it comes back damaged? this is exactly what i'm trying to avoid but i'll leave it until tomorrow then see what happens

martlin

[ QUOTE ]
I am new to ebay which is why i posted I am a little concerned that i cant get my money until she leaves feedback its sat in a holding account through paypal. In my eyes if i have sent it and she has recevied it there is no reason i cant get my money. it seems absolutely ridiculous to me, especially as shes got what she paid for ive sold it cheaply and she is making demands for things i dont have before she'll give feedback allowing the money to be released to me!
It all seems a bit strange to me

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless she raises a dispute, you will get your money anyway after I think 28 days or so. It is annoying, but not the end of the world.

burtondog

www.michellehudson.co.uk
I think this is the new thing with Ebay. The winning bidder pays the money to Ebay/Paypal then Ebay holds it until the goods have been received. Once the buyer has the item and has left feedback then Ebay release the payment to the seller.

I'd just explain to the buyer that the saddle doesn't come with girth flaps, hopefully they'll want to keep the saddle anyway.

RhiannonE

Visit site
If she's paid you via paypal then it will sit in your paypal account until you do something with it. she can't get it back if it's in your paypal account so don't worry about that - lots of people end up NOT leaving feedback on ebay and it doesn't make that much difference.
Log onto www.paypal.com with your paypal log in details and you will be able to transfer your money into your regular bank account if you want or you can keep it in there to use for future ebay payments when you want to buy something.

Hope this helps - I'm a hardened ebayer pro so if you need anymore info on it just let me know lol!

Rhi xx

martlin

[ QUOTE ]
If she's paid you via paypal then it will sit in your paypal account until you do something with it. she can't get it back if it's in your paypal account so don't worry about that - lots of people end up NOT leaving feedback on ebay and it doesn't make that much difference.
Log onto www.paypal.com with your paypal log in details and you will be able to transfer your money into your regular bank account if you want or you can keep it in there to use for future ebay payments when you want to buy something.

Hope this helps - I'm a hardened ebayer pro so if you need anymore info on it just let me know lol!

Rhi xx

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm afraid it is a bit out of date, now PayPal withholds the funds until you either get positive feedback or 28 days passes without the buyer raising a dispute.

RhiannonE

Visit site
Oh no when did this come in?? I sold something a few weeks back and didn't get this grief - the buyer only just left feedback yesterday but I'm sure i had the money before then!!?
If that's the case then that's crap and ebay is pretty rubbish for doing that. I often buy something, it arrives and i forget about the end process until the next time i'm on ebay and only then leave feedback - i expect a lot of people do the same!

RhiannonE

Visit site
Oh that's rubbish sorry! Hope she gives the feedback asap then! As long as the pics don't show the girth protectors on there and it's not mentionned in your description then you've got nothing to worry about - if she disputes it then you should win overall.
One of my second hand saddles that i had before came without them but I didn't expect them because I didn't think it was a standard thing!

merlinsquest

Visit site
Ebay is all too much hassle now.... I put a load of stuff in the local paper recently and sold the lot..... for what I listed it as, with no charges, with no paypal bollox, and who gives a toss about the feedback when you are selling to someone who can see the item and will either buy it or not!!!
smile.gif

josiesmithuk

Visit site
I would explain that it didn't come with any, saddles don't automatically come with buckle guards. If she still won't be happy for the sake of a couple of quid (although I would be pretty hacked off I would buy some and post them over then leave her neg feedback) In fact I have an old set somewhere!

Ebay is now a nightmare it is all geared up for the buyers sellers are ripped off left right and centre. Any luck with the wagon