Bit of an update

racingdemon

www.facebook.com
Hey peeps, although I'm a regular lurker, I thought I'd post a bit of an update,

June time I posted about my new pony (& the associated oh my god I can't ride wobble)
He's been going really nicely, we've had a few super lessons & done one very low key W&T test, which he won with some lovely comments & a fabulous attitude, so I was very thrilled, I was then away from most of August so he had a break & now we're planning some more dressage parties & some SJ too.... Biggest problem is actually finding things I can do!

My home bred 5yo did a very good job of trying to kill himself at the start of May, (I'll try & post some pics) so was out of work until mid July, but last weekend had his first jump since his accident & today had a morning autumn hunting (only his second ever time... I took him hunting as a 3yo when he'd just come home from racing, but today he was chaperoning my eldest son....

Who had his first morning autumn hunting off the lead rein, he was absolutely thrilled & had a wonderful time (his pony is a saint!) he's desperate to go again (& come hunting properly.... Which I'm not so sure about 😳😳)

racingdemon

www.facebook.com
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Hornby

Visit site
Nice to see you are out and competing again, what a horrible injury - how on earth did he do that?. Please post an " after" pic to settle my stomach! :). Lovely that your son is enjoying hunting so much and the dressage pic looks very smart

racingdemon

www.facebook.com
He was cantering along side the post & rail, bucked, slipped & did the splits landing on top of the fence, the post snapped in half & the rail (& associated nail) went between his hind legs

This was 6 weeks after that picture, & now there is only a small lump & scar from the whole episode!

attachment.php

Mrs G

Visit site
Oh my that injury pic is horrendous! I was eating my breakfast - not so hungry anymore! Glad things going so well now x