Bit recommendations please! :)

SuperCoblet

Visit site
I'm going up to a local saddlery 'shop' who let's you take home bits/saddles ect to try, and I'm in need of a new bit!

Coblet's a bit of a tit in open spaces, especially XC, I usually ride him in a Pelham but I'm fed up of him completely taking hold of the bit, head on floor and bombing off anyway he shouldn't be going. I know it's also a behaviour issue, but I need a bit that can stop him and just show that he can't do that, I can't circle when he bombs off, we have no turning!

I've been recommended a Cheltenham gag, I think a loose ring one would aslo stop him taking the bit. Any others I can try out?

FVT23

Visit site
I am certainly no expert but how about some sort of waterford? he wont be able to grab hold of it in a hurry! :)

Lolo

Visit site
Cheltenham gag on 2 reins? So the snaffle is there, but with the extra oomph behind your commands when he is a tit. Al used it on her coblet who would set his neck and jack and go with his head down... Little angel :D It worked a treat- even when they were doing the big stuff and so went like the proverbial off a shovel to make the time, she'd have enough there to make adjustments :)

tormor

Visit site
Is your Pelham a Mullen mouth or jointed? If Mullen perhaps try a jointed 1 or even try myler, there are loads of mouth piece options and can get them in a variety of cheeks