Bitch going in to be speyed-anything i need to know? and approx cost?

Blue-bear

Visit site
As title really...my border collie bitch is booked to go in on friday is there anything i should know that i may not get told?
How long am i looking at having to convince her to rest (not easy!)?
Also roughly how much do you think it will cost? Ive been quoted for a medium sized dog (shes 18.5kg) but just interested in the price variations really?

Thanks

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
I think it is about ten days restricted exercise (yeah, have fun with that...)

Not sure on price, but will be interesting to hear others experiences, our bitch will probably need done soon.

Thanks for being responsible
smile.gif

Cedars

Visit site
It cost us about £180, but that wasnt including the antibiotics afterwards, but did include the post op checks.

Loadsssss of walks, chew toys, bones, etc etc etc.

Chloe's went relatively smoothly apart from when she jumped on sofa 3 days in and the scar swelled up like a balloon!

Good luck, sure it'll go great =]

xxxxx

CAYLA

Visit site
Depends where abouts u are re cost......I would hazard about 110-£150 for that size.
She will be right as rain the following day, no off lead exercise, short lead walks only till after stitches are out approx 10 days, as suggested kongs and treats to occupy her
grin.gif

Blue-bear

Visit site
Ive been qouted 180-225 :S so was interested to see what everyone else thought....
Shes not good at being rested at the best of times, she also gets on the sofa etc...how do i stop her doing that when shes unattended? :S

I hate leaving them at the vets
frown.gif

CAYLA

Visit site
Lock her in a room with no sofa
grin.gif
grin.gif
if u cannot as long as she does not leap on and off she should be ok, but your vet won't be happy about that
tongue.gif
grin.gif

wow thats a steep price, why dont non of u live near me
tongue.gif