Bitten the bullet!

dianchi

Visit site
Taking my 4yo to a walk trot test tonight
Nice and little show, only 6 in the class and I'm in last :)

Turnout question for me!

I had always worn my blue velvet for dressage till BRC said it's not legal in their rules :(
I will need to replace it anyway as it's only a BSEN (suggestions welcome- need one for showing too)

I also have my JTE navy blue hat which I guess looks more "modern"

I wear a cut away navy jacket, thoughts on what looks best?

eggs

Visit site
I compete BD dressage in my Charles Owen Ayr 8. I've got one in black and one in blue - depending on what jacket I am wearing. I tend to wear my hacking jacket for prelim and novice tests (black hat) and my blue jacket for elementary and above.

dianchi

Visit site
Sorry not been clear!

These are what I have and comp is tonight!

However going forward will need new velvet
As will be showing as well!

DressageCob

Visit site
Either hat will be fine. You'll find there's a fairly even mix between people wearing velvet and people wearing the more "modern" style hats. Go for whichever you find more comfortable or you're more used to.

Under-the-radar

Visit site
As someone pointed out today to a friend of mine who was stressing about having a mucky horse to go to an evening summer series tonight, you don't get ANY points for turnout or dress at dressage! ;) Thank the lord!!

dianchi

Visit site
I'll pop up a report in a bit

FWIW- my horses are always bathed and plaited for comps, regardless if it's local evening dressage or main ring at county shows- mum drilled into for years if your going to do it look the best you can!

Under-the-radar

Visit site
I'll pop up a report in a bit

FWIW- my horses are always bathed and plaited for comps, regardless if it's local evening dressage or main ring at county shows- mum drilled into for years if your going to do it look the best you can!

Mine too - not that it helps scores though. I always say that I think I should get more points for my super shiny boots! ;)