Bl**dy high drive dogs

Moobli

Visit site
Tay, my little working line GSD bitch, is higher drive than all the others I’ve had and is lightning quick in her reactions. Today Ben (my 12 year old son) and I were teaching her to ride on the back of the quad which will come in handy for all sorts of jobs. I took the puller toy with me and thank my lucky stars it was broken last week (it’s a large rubber ring for those that don’t know), and stupidly decided to put it around my neck when we weren’t using it. The little g*t decided to reward herself and launched off the back of the quad and pulled it from around my neck ?. The fact it was broken meant it came away without throttling me and I think it was more luck than good judgement that she didn’t bite me in the process ?
Here she is looking rather angelic like ??

444E1E27-8ACC-448D-B918-26B54EC8694B.jpeg

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
Ooops ?

They wouldn't last five minutes in this house, one has already bitten a Kong in half ?
I had to stop rewarding from the body for the same reason, taking a whole mouthful of clothing along with the item and pulling me to the floor became a great game and I was fed up with the bruises ?

Moobli

Visit site
Ooops ?

They wouldn't last five minutes in this house, one has already bitten a Kong in half ?
I had to stop rewarding from the body for the same reason, taking a whole mouthful of clothing along with the item and pulling me to the floor became a great game and I was fed up with the bruises ?

???

{97702}

Visit site
I have to be careful with my Reeva Peeva she will nip when over excited, the nipping comes with jumping so could get out of hand I am sure.
And I agree high drive is a double edged sword but one I quite enjoy.

I have a high drive pretty lurcher free to a good home? ??

twiggy2

Visit site
I have a high drive pretty lurcher free to a good home? ??
Mine caught a leveret yesterday with a pack of collies in hot pursuit- she is now sporting a broken toe and feeling sorry for herself, although of course I have to keep her on the lead for the next few weeks cos out walking it will magically be pain free and she will run like she is fine.

{97702}

Visit site
Mine caught a leveret yesterday with a pack of collies in hot pursuit- she is now sporting a broken toe and feeling sorry for herself, although of course I have to keep her on the lead for the next few weeks cos out walking it will magically be pain free and she will run like she is fine.

Oh yes....so familiar!!! But go on, two are hardly any more trouble than one? ?

twiggy2

Visit site
Oh yes....so familiar!!! But go on, two are hardly any more trouble than one? ?
Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope.
The collies all have a job the lurcher doesnt- apart from making us laugh that is. I have my hands more than full with the young collies and definitely don't have time for another long legs just now.

Clodagh

Visit site
Tay, my little working line GSD bitch, is higher drive than all the others I’ve had and is lightning quick in her reactions. Today Ben (my 12 year old son) and I were teaching her to ride on the back of the quad which will come in handy for all sorts of jobs. I took the puller toy with me and thank my lucky stars it was broken last week (it’s a large rubber ring for those that don’t know), and stupidly decided to put it around my neck when we weren’t using it. The little g*t decided to reward herself and launched off the back of the quad and pulled it from around my neck ?. The fact it was broken meant it came away without throttling me and I think it was more luck than good judgement that she didn’t bite me in the process ?
Here she is looking rather angelic like ??

View attachment 48523

Lovely photo. A potential big ouch there.
I have said on here before about Ffee being reluactant to hand things over and have worked incredibly hard on it. Now she brings me things, anything will do, and if I ignore her she takes my hand and then my arm and tries to carry me around. Unforeseen consequences!

GSD Woman

Visit site
Yesterday the weather was disgusting. Hot and humid, too hot for the dogs to run safely. So of course my neighbor kept putting his little dog out to start fence fighting mine. Freddie, my young bitch, is sensible in the heat. Not so my old man. Poor Rudy had to be stuck back in the house so he wouldn't over heat. He's one of the dogs that won't quit, whether it is working or playing. I'm the one that has to make the decisions to make sure he won't over do it. He's the only one of my dogs that I've ever had that won't quit.

Moobli

Visit site
Now the wee nutty one has managed to stab her paw, either tearing about in the woods or in the water when fetching the ball (unfortunately the reservoir is low at the edges just now so higher potential for sharp stones or other objects) so it was a vet visit, synulox and rest for a few days. I can’t see her taking to that too happily ??‍♀️
C0E27B37-18D7-4B38-8BAB-F33336F0ED8B.jpeg