Bl**dy Horses!

Ferdinase514

Visit site
Finn has turned in to the devil horse again. AND someone elses horse has bent the partition in my lorry.
mad.gif

Napping and bolting all over the show ground today. Made it in to the arena to be galloped sideways, leaped and arsed about with. Ugh.

He goes from being a donkey to the devil-in-a-horsesuit. Am weening him off conditioninig cubes at the moment as suspect the combination of these and spring grass has produced the vision of hell seen today.

Does anyone else just get to that point where you just retire for you own sanity?

Any tips for consoling the unconsolable horse in the ring. I find it so difficult to calm him down once he is really pinging!

Madam_max

Visit site
Yep, my mare is either a donkey or a complete nutter, no in between. Don't worry, that's horses for you, he will prob be fine next time.

Ferdinase514

Visit site
For the first 2 and a half years of owning him, he was fine. Then flidded out at BD regionals, a couple of weeks ago at RC dressage and today.

Tried to just stay chilled but he really does go!

Really hard to get control again as if i take hold of him he throws his head up and his back end comes even more underneath and we bounce on the spot. If I don't take hold we fly...Weeeeee

bertiewooster

Visit site
Just had a similar experience in the school and feeling very much the same! Milly is either Ratbag from Hell or Mild Mannered Janitor. I expect it was the wind and I just get cross and tense which makes everything 10 times worse, so I end up cross with Milly when really I'm just mad with myself for reacting the wrong way!
frown.gif

icestationzebra

Visit site
He goes from being a donkey to the devil-in-a-horsesuit.

!! Made me laugh! He is clearly feeling well and full of himself. If your grass is anything like ours at the moment there is a lot of it and a lot in it. I'd cut out the Conditioning Cubes ASAP. A good one is Allen & Page Quiet Mix with added Omega Oils.
Good luck!