Black horse question..+ pics of black horses!

1Lucie

Visit site
I'm thinking of buying my horse a new headcollar, saddlecloth etc. Poor has inherited all my old boys stuff which is mostly navy blue.

What colour suits black horses? If anyone has pics of their black beautys i'd love to see for some inspiration!!

1Lucie

Visit site
Was thinking red, i do have some pink stuff but my husband says i'm a cruel mum for dressing him in pink lol

Sootsme

Visit site
picture.php

Love mine naked!

SophieLouBee

Visit site
My black ones have always had blues, baby blue is sweet, but a vibrant royal blue looks so smart! Also gold & silver. I've also had mint green which looked good. :)

Sootsme

Visit site
Have just bought a silver grey saddlecloth which looks very smart, but have no pics of him wearing it, so just posted the naked pic instead lol he is IDX too

TicTac

Visit site
I;m afraid I'm a bit matchy matchy with mine and she has baby blue, lilac and bergundy numnahs and bandages!

ps you can't go wron with white either lol

dressagedreamer

Visit site
I would go the classic route and stick to black with a coloured trim, I have my grey in black with a silver trim as is everyday saddle cloth, his dressage saddle cloth is white (of course) with a silver trim, his bridle is black with silver trim as is his head collar. My bay has black with gold trim. I think black looks so classic

1Lucie

Visit site
ahh some god sugestions, colours i hadnt even thought about! Ps loving pic of blak horsey with tiny little girl on, soo cute!

Splish & Masons mum

Visit site
I've got a piebald, but he has a black head so I hope I can join in!
He wears a red/navy headcollar and black everything else (numnah, travel boots, tail bandage etc) you can see how the red stands out, but the navy almost blends in on him.
IDPrint3.jpg

NeverSayNever

Visit site
i have a black mare, and tbh i think anything goes with black, except brown:eek:

My mare has strong white markings so I like white on her for dressage and xc colours are black and white. Day to day she wears a plain black numnah and coolers, travel set etc are mainly black . I also a few bright pink accessories:D

beachbirthday003.jpg

pinkheadcollar002.jpg

wattamus

Visit site
Mine's dark bay but literally black in winter. She has had green, blue, pink and red :p Not the best pick but this is us HT two years ago :)

picture.php

Lyssatra

Visit site
I don't think any colour looks bad on a black horse - agree that the bolder/brighter the better.
A few people on my yard have black horses, these girls are very matchy-matchy dressage divas (but all lovely don't get me wrong!), colours i have seen them use include leopard print ("natural" and pinks/purples - poor horse is a gelding), yellows (canary and sunshine), blues (all varieties), purples (rich/dark best but have also seen lavender), pinks (hot to pale and everything in between!), greens, orange, turquoise etc etc

As i said have yet to see a colour look bad, although i will admit to not being a big fan of pinks or prints in general so those would not be up my street - luckily i don't have a black horse, ;)