Black lab found in Hawkshead today

Spudlet

Visit site
Lovely boy, in great fit condition and very well behaved - think he must be a gundog. Wandering about on Vicarage Lane with no one in sight, not recognised at any of the houses. Slightly greying on the muzzle, and think he was entire, but his tail was down as he was a bit unsure of himself, and didn't want to stress him lifting it up to check for sure. Handed to the dog warden this afternoon - was wearing a collar but no tag and not chipped or tattooed either:rolleyes: If anyone is missing this lovely boy, the local police can get you the dog warden's number.

Spudlet

Visit site
Well if they see anyone looking for a dog, he's safe but needs collecting! Poor lad, he was rather forlorn (cannot have him, cannot have him...)

I hope someone is bothered enough to look. And I hope they get the ear-bashing of their lives for letting an unidentifiable dog get out at lambing time...

Spudlet

Visit site
Hawkshead is Cumbria, so that's one hell of a journey! I'm not in the country at the moment so don't have the number to hand. Their best bet would be to give the council a ring, I think http://www.cumbria.gov.uk/ Sorry I can't be of more help at this point!

spottyfilly

Visit site
Im not far from hawkeshead, ill have a look at the Local paper tomorrow to see if anything is in there re a list dog

ibot

Visit site
we have lost a Basset Hound :mad: well my yard has, been missing since Sat its so sad we have done posters and I have done a post on the NW forum, not really sure what else to do

hope you find a home for him soon
xx

Spudlet

Visit site
Poor Fred, I'm really sorry:(

The lab was claimed back within 24 hours, so at least he is home safe.