Blair CCI's

lucretia

Visit site
well there's a set of results! nice to see sarah cohen win the 2** on irish jester, lovely horses but what happened to the three star? only 18 finishers? lord.

CracklinRosie

Visit site
There were a lot of simple mistakes being made at yesterdays x country. There were also lots of numptys using flash photography!!Possibly putting the horses off. Certainly no complaints about the going, it was spot on.

suzysparkle

Visit site
I was there yesterday and there were a lot of problems on the 3*. Someone (don't know who) had a really nasty looking fall at the keyhole jump. Horse took off to far away and caught both front legs. She fell really hard on her side but got up quite quickly. Looked like her BP and hat took most of the jolt. The steps caused some problems as did the water. Saw a few sticky jumps through the first water. Lucinda Green fell at the top of he hill, saw her go off the side door in the distance and I know Oli Townend fell on one of his at the second water. I did hear there was a nasty fall at one of the ditches and the Horse got stuck..

Definately seemed to be more problems this year....and that's the 4th XC I've been to watch there.

lucretia

Visit site
you are indeed. he will be spitting cos i suspect he was slightly expecting to win considering the opposition. lucky to be third who would have thought the next four after him after dressage wouldnt get round or that paddy muir would have 32 showjump penalties!
and clearly Mr townend will now be realising that imperial master really is quite difficult and might give Kitty ab it more credit for doing as well as she did on him.
wink.gif

Mel85

Visit site
What happened to OT then?

I haven't been to Blair for a good few years, but don't remember it causing such carnage then...a little bit, but not like this year!

moon_drop

Visit site
I was there as well and saw oli fall at Malcolm's lochan. All that happened was Golden Hue jumped the A into the water fine he stumbled in the water put him off his stride, he jumped up the step in the wrong place and meet C with the horse's chest. Oli went over his head and had a wee sit on the fence.

Oli was very quick to get out of the horses way and was even quicker to check his horse, gave him a pat and re-mounted and walked off fine.

off to up load my photos now!
tongue.gif