Blair Europeans Mike tucker needs to retire!

mytwofriends

Visit site
He's great. Yes, he fluffs his lines, gets his facts wrong sometimes and even cracks jokes. What's wrong with that? Who remembers David Coleman? He was the master of gaffs and goofs and people loved him.

There are plenty more professional sounding commentators, but Mike Tucker is an experienced horseman and does know what's what. Ok, it doesn't come across as polished, but his good humour is priceless.

9tails

Visit site
Mike is a legend. Just reading his past experiences gives him credibility, he's actually done it all! He doesn't get a huge amount wrong and only faffs a little bit. He cares so much about the sport.

wilsha

Visit site
Commentating is an extremely hard task, which he has done for many years and extremely experienced. Having met him personally over lunch and also a lecture with him, he is a very knowledgeable man with a passion for the sport and the job. It's not just about speaking you have to know a good amount of background knowledge of every horse and rider under pressure.
Having attempted commenating just in front of my class by Mike it's certainly not easy!!

Mad_Cow347

Visit site
I'm watching Blair on the iplayer at the moment. Eventing wouldn't be the same without Mike's voice. I love his commentary with Ian Stark.

I also agree with whoever said Harry's voice is too posh, I quite like Tina as a commentator but Harry's voice is irritating me a little.

Goldenstar

Visit site
My vote is to keep Mike Tucker. For me, he is the equine equivalent of Murray Walker for F1. His enthusiasm is boundless and his mistakes just make the expert he is with look that much better. What's not to love?

No he's not .
Murray walker is knowledgeable and could present F1 in an interesting way to people who don't follow the sport .
I constantly have to explain what MT means .
I know it's funny when you understand it but I think it does the sport no favours what so ever .
I thought Harry Meade was great, very good at putting things across I think he will be a good trainer .

Last edited: