Blair Horse Trials 2013

Jenni_

www.facebook.com
Who's going? And are you competing or spectating?

I'm only managing Saturday this year :( Hopefully cram in lots of shopping too with my limited funds (pay day is NEXT week, boo!)

Maybe see some other HHO's there?

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
Doing the CCI* with pip. Just arrived today so looking forward to meeting loads of HHO friends. Already spent a few v enjoyable days with measles.

EventingMum

Visit site
Heading up tomorrow and really looking forward to a break there until Sunday spectating, shopping and relaxing. Son and his fiancee went up on Sunday and are working in the event stable management team all week so those competing will probably encounter them.

Blair is my favourite event for both competing and spectating but as we only have youngsters out and about now I think we'll have a few years of not taking horses with us which is definitely more relaxing!

khalswitz

Visit site
I'm going to spectate Weds-Sun (camping), and helping in the displays on Saturday - plus have a friend competing Thursday so will give her a hand. Can't wait, I love Blair. Just hope it stays dry and doesn't turn into Blair Mud Trials again this year :S The pedestrian track by the staircase XC was a proper mudslide the last couple years!

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
I'm going to spectate Weds-Sun (camping), and helping in the displays on Saturday - plus have a friend competing Thursday so will give her a hand. Can't wait, I love Blair. Just hope it stays dry and doesn't turn into Blair Mud Trials again this year :S The pedestrian track by the staircase XC was a proper mudslide the last couple years!

Hate to say it but steadily peeing down and certainly doesn't appear to be just a shower!

Caol Ila

Visit site
I don't know. Am on the fence, as it were. Contemplating watching the event one day and going up a mountain the next, which would be an effective use of a weekend.

Jenni_

www.facebook.com
Doing the CCI* with pip. Just arrived today so looking forward to meeting loads of HHO friends. Already spent a few v enjoyable days with measles.

Have been following your already eventful journey on Facebook! Will watch out for you. I believe the forcast for the rest of the week is to be good so fingers crossed for you.

bgb

Visit site
I don't know. Am on the fence, as it were. Contemplating watching the event one day and going up a mountain the next, which would be an effective use of a weekend.

We were going to do exactly this but Mum has book festival events on Sunday. Still going on Saturday but more to shop rather than watch!

Jnhuk

Visit site
Enjoy Quadro - hope the SJ ground is better this year!

Don't think I'll make it up this year as have friends visiting from Wales and hoping to a low level local PC XC on Sunday to try and get me remembering how to ride XC as been a lot time since EV back in April.

sarahann1

Visit site
Am grooming on Thurs for a friend in the riding horse class and getting the train there on Saturday with mates to take advantage of the beer :) Cannae wait!!

measles

Visit site
We have had a great Blair run up as Sarah-Jane has been staying. Thursday am we head up to watch her dressage and settle the horses in as they are jumping each day.

Fingers crossed for favourable weather and will catch up with many of those going soon :)

EventingMum

Visit site
Yes, me!! OH and I were there Wed - Sun. At present I struggle with too much walking as I use crutches so found it especially tiring but had a great time. Spent too much as usual but thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and no rain was a huge bonus!

Son and his OH are exhausted, they worked long hours from Sun - Sun in the event stables so are having a long lie this morning as both have "normal" work tomorrow. As volunteers it's pretty hard going IMO so I'll tip toe round the house this morning and try not to disturb them!

Jenni_

www.facebook.com
I was only there Saturday but had to work 8-5 yesterday and ride, and be up extra early this morning to drop car off at body shop before work so I am like a walking zombie.

Had SUCH a good day though!! Next year I'd quite like to fence judge XC.

Seen Sarah-Jane on the XC and think I saw Measles (or one of her crew) in the food hall.

Last edited:

Nic

Visit site
We had a fab time. Tea stop at Measles en route, camping with team C, cheering on Team C, S-J, Quadro & all.

Great fun catching up with friends, eating drinking & shopping. And my lovely OH survived his 1st Blair! :)