Blair Horse Trials

EventingMum

Visit site
I've just seen the sad news that this year will be the last Blair Horse Trials. What a shame, for many Scottish eventers it was was a huge ambition to compete there and show jumpers and showing competitors loved it too. The beautiful setting is second to none and it has held a special place in my family's heart. Scotland has lost so many great events this is devastating for the equestrian community and also local hospitality businesses who are always full that week.

We starting visiting in 1989 when my son was a year old and have gone every year since creating some wonderful memories along the way including my son competing there a few times. He now goes for a week each year as part of the event stable management team giving back to the sport in a small way.

We will definitely be celebrating all our great memories with friends this year.

LeneHorse

Visit site
So sorry to hear this. Blair is such a special event in the Scottish equestrian calendar. I don't go every year but have had some great times as a spectator. It will be a huge blow to the local economy too.

Caol Ila

Visit site
I just saw this on FB as well. I feel so sad for all the eventers. I enjoyed going as a spectator, and I know there aren't many at events at all for Scotland-based eventers. :(

holeymoley

Visit site
Absolutely gutted about this. I don’t event but it was a firm fixture of the Scottish calendar. We’ve been going for the last 10/15years and love it. In terms of spectators it was brilliant last year. Rhs has gone down hill but it would seem the only large scale event that we have left.

HBB

Visit site
Such sad news but I’m not shocked, I have a feeling the whole equestrian industry is on the cusp of imploding in Scotland.

MagicMelon

Visit site
So terribly sad. Ive gone almost every year for a long time to spectate. Never quite made it to compete there but it was always an aim.

Eventing is gone in Scotland now. I honestly think it'll be the end of eventing in its current form very soon, at least in the UK.

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
I saw this sad news today too. I just booked my tickets and camping a couple of days ago. Although it's right at the other end of the country for me, I've been several times and I love it.

Such a shame. I didn't realise there were new environmental land grants being offered, @Sussexbythesea that makes sense, I couldn't understand why your yard is closing.

Reacher

Visit site
Little left in Cumbria either. We used to have several a few years ago , now we only have one BE left

Chiffy

Visit site
Really sad about this. We go back many years, travelling up from Hertfordshire. Little did I know at the time that we would eventually live in Scotland and my daughter and son in law would compete there. Such a fantastic venue. My granddaughter hopes to go this year. So sad it will be the last chance.

SkylarkAscending

Visit site
Really sad about this. We go back many years, travelling up from Hertfordshire. Little did I know at the time that we would eventually live in Scotland and my daughter and son in law would compete there. Such a fantastic venue. My granddaughter hopes to go this year. So sad it will be the last chance.

I really hope she gets there Chiffy - I’m sure she will, she is such a cracking little rider! I’m planning to come and spectate - yes really definitely this year 🤣

silv

Visit site
That is really sad news, when I lived in Scotland it was one of the highlights of my year visiting along with Thirlestane which I believe is long gone too. The shopping and estates were fabulous.

HeyMich

Visit site
I'm totally gutted to hear the news. My son competed there for the first time last year, and it was the highlight of his season. I was even convinced to sleep in the sh##y horse trailer for the privilege of being there with him for the 6am course walk. We've also been going to spectate since we moved north of the border, some 20 odd years ago. I'll really miss it.

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
I'm sure she will get there, and I can come and see you all!