H-J

www.piczo.com
Just looked, wonder what happened to gamebird
frown.gif
am gutted for her
frown.gif

AnShanDan

Visit site
It was Lauren Shannon whose horse fell into the ditch. Looked bad at the time but both were on their feet within a few minutes, horse wasn't obviously injured, all legs seemed to be ok. Nasty one tho'.
frown.gif
frown.gif

lucretia

Visit site
it always has alot of influence there, all those up and down hills and horses not fit enough for the job. proper course for sure.

CracklinRosie

Visit site
I saw Gamebird jump a few and have some pics for her too. She seemed to be going pretty well but carthorse was pulling her out to the side quite strongly.

Course took it's toll on even the most experienced riders so no disgrace there!

Too much bloody flash photography for my liking!!!!

Chex

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
It was Lauren Shannon whose horse fell into the ditch. Looked bad at the time but both were on their feet within a few minutes, horse wasn't obviously injured, all legs seemed to be ok. Nasty one tho'.
frown.gif
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
That fall was awful, such a horrible feeling watching the screens being put up around the jump
frown.gif
. Still, both were very lucky to escape unharmed (I hope!)
laugh.gif

I couldn't believe how many retired/were eliminated
shocked.gif

CracklinRosie

Visit site
I'd just moved up to the water when she fell at that fence and didn't actually see it but OH said horse just didn't take off and then she hit the fence really hard. Screens went up and i felt sick, what seemed like forever later announcement that both were ok and cue lots of tears from me!!!!!

Baileyhoss

Visit site
snap, we were sitting at the water and saw the commotion from there, only saw the horses head and rider coming up to the jump then both disappeared. they were down for ages, the announcement came quite quickly that the rider was ok, but still no sign of the horse and we felt so sick when the screens were put up, there was such a big cheer when he was lead out. scary!

now_loves_mares

Visit site
The horse that fell in the 3* went to take off, I saw his head lift over the hedge (I was standing next to the horse ambulance on the far side of the fence). It then put down again, with a sort of surprised look as the hedge was just huge, it was like he realised how big it was and changed his mind. Unfortunately momentum had taken him forward and he fell into the ditch. My friend was the doc, rider was fine but a bit dazed. Horse seemed quite badly winded, hence wasn't getting up. Apparently that's relatively common in a fall like that, ie they don't try and get up for quite a bit, but agree it was awful to watch the screens go up.

I saw Gamebird. For those that weren't there, gamebird didn't have anything bad happen ie no fall, but probably not her most fun day ever
frown.gif
. Wasn't close enough to really see what was happening but was gutted for her.

There was way more carnage than I expected. Particularly upset to see some fairly awful riding in the 1* (armchair critic that I am,
smile.gif
) and some REALLY unfit horses. Ground was very holding too which seemed to be sapping all the energy. Stood at the steps for quite a while in the 1* and a lot of people got very lucky.

Great day out though - shame Lucinda Green fell off, I was really looking forward to seeing her ride. And WFP was a joy to behold!!