Blaze update no. 2

madhector

www.darlingdressage.co.uk
Sorry not posted this earlier, only just got in.

Basically the did much more specific nerve blocks today and scanned the hock.

The very good news is the suspensery behind is normal, and so she concluded it its lower hock joint pain or something, not really sure what this means.

The not so good news after nerve blocking the coffin joint he came a bit sounder in front but not completly, so the next step is an MRI on thursday as she thinks there is something going on in either the navicular bone/deep flexor tendons/collateral ligament. So he will have to have a general on thursday and we will then hopefully get to the bottom of what is going on, be it good news or bad.

So thanks for the vibes, they certainly worked on his hock, just keep them coming for the front feet now...

teapot

Visit site
Glad you're getting somewhere albeit slowly - still sending the good & get well soon vibes to the pony.

Tell him I'm sharing his pain given that I'm on doc's orders to be on box rest for my dodgy ankle
frown.gif
If he's got any spare boredom breakers, send them my way
wink.gif

Sneedy

Visit site
Glad to hear you're getting somewhere with this, really am hoping you get some good news soon.....you don't deserve this.

Will keep all digits crossed for you and him.

Cliqmo

Visit site
Just had a scan through your previous updates- what a terrble shame for you that he has gone lame!
frown.gif
Had he injured himself previously? In your posts you mention 'being really careful' quite a lot and I wondered whether there is a history with him? (I didn't read all the way back!) All the best for a quick diagnosis and recovery
smile.gif

dieseldog

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
yep, although after this not sure how much of him will be still covered!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that is good, and only the bit that isn't quite right should be excluded in future. Good luck with the MRI

stroppymare153

Visit site
lots more vibes - hope it all goes well.

just staggered how quickly this is all happening - round our way the vets would still have been buting and box resting!

madhector

www.darlingdressage.co.uk
Thats why I always get mine refered if it isnt obvious, no point messing around for weeks wasting money on local vets IMO, much better to go to the best and find out quickly what is going on, fortuently my vet agrees with me and gives me a referral without even seeing the horse now!

Bossanova

Visit site
It's infuriating not knowing
frown.gif

Will the insurance cover the whole MRI? Normally they only pay half I think and it gets pretty pricey when you add in GA etc. I know you're desperate to get to the bottom of this so it will be worth it, I just also know that your finances are necessarily tight.

Teabelly

Visit site
Yes my insurers NFU will only contribute up to 50% towards MRI.

I hope yours are different, good luck and vibes to you and Blaze.

ecrozier

Visit site
Same
frown.gif
Our mare spent a very similar week at AHT culminating in MRI and we ended up with a bill after the insurance paid their section of about £1800 for 50% of the MRI and 50% of stabling fees. I believe SOME insurers (might be petplan off the top of my head?) do pay the whole lot.
Really hope you get to the bottom of it all MH.