Blenheim anything I should know about going?

jen1

Visit site
I am thinking of going to Blenheim, that's if I can get horsey, doggie and non horsey son looked after for the day!

Never been to an event like this before so what do I need to know? Do we have to get there super early for parking/traffic avoidance? Any good places to stand to see the best bits? etc etc any advice most appreciated!
Thanks!
grin.gif

_April_

Visit site
Me, huggybear, NMM and EmmaC78 are all going too
grin.gif

Have never been before either but went to Badminton and if it's anything like that - get there early!

We walked round the x-country course and watched 2/3 horses at each one so that when the crowds moved on we got right to the front.

Have fun
grin.gif

Twizzel

Visit site
The tradestands are really great, I think they are better than Badminton so I echo taking lots of money.

Wear sensible footwear, last time I went I wore wellies, but walking boots might do if there hasn't been much rain.

Watch one horse from the back of the crowds at each fence then all of the people at the front will move on so you can go to the front
smile.gif

If you're watching XC if you need the loo then go when you see one before you start walking as there are only 2 sets of toilets on the course once you've started walking and they are normally very crowded and busy!!

the watcher

Visit site
Traffic is heavy and parking can be a pain, especially at the weekend, take plenty of money and leave the dog at home. It is a dog friendly event, but really not that much fun for them after a few hours.