Blitz's Oldencraig Report with pics

Worried1

Visit site
Just in case Blitz was feeling left out we thought we should make use of the time spent training with Emile and take him out and try and get him qualified for the regionals at novice.

He won a qualifier at Brook Farm so he needed another win to secure a place at the regionals.

Feeling more confident with the needle and thread it also gave me a chance to try the new style plaits on his cresty neck
tongue.gif

So we took him to do two novices at Oldencraig on Friday. He was a superstar and won both even if he does have two numptys as owners
smirk.gif

We presumed that Novice 37 would be first and 38 would be last. We were wrong! It was only while I was watching the lady before OH that I realised I didn't recognise the test as 37. Quick dash to the scoreboard and I realised 38 was first
shocked.gif
sprint to the lorry to get the right test and cue me bellowing across the arena to OH that he has learnt the wrong test. I end up calling for him and he managed to go wrong twice but still got 66.7% so we were thrilled.

He was last to go in novice 37 and did a super test with just a slight wobble in the first medium. He got several 8s and finished with 69% so really pleased with our magic dragon
wink.gif

Canter
Oldencraigblitz001.jpg

New stlye plaits
Oldencraigblitz005.jpg

Worried1

Visit site
Yes he has won two qualifiers with qualifying percentages. One at Brook Farm and one at Oldencraig so really pleased ee got it out of the way early on in the season so we can work him and prepare for the regionals
grin.gif

Tempi

Visit site
Fantastic, well done!! I wish i could get qualified im p*ssed off with coming 2nd all the time even with decent percentages!

Are you doing Merrist Wood on 3rd May?

Worried1

Visit site
Yes we are taking Diva to see if he can qualify her for the novice as she missed the winters.

That is what happened to Blitz last year he was coming second with 72% and we just couldn't get him qualified - it is so frustrating
frown.gif

Tempi

Visit site
YAY - we will finally meet then!!

Please tell me i wont be in the novice open qualifier with Mark on Diva tho??!!
crazy.gif

Im doing the elementary qualifier aswell. It will probably be a total disaster as i havent done a short arena test on him for nearly a year as i find him too big to manoveour around the small arena!

Worried1

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Clever boy! Sounds like it has all come together for him now and he's getting the scores he deserves
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Even Mark said that going to Emile had done him the power of good and he was so much more up for it and switched on!

Bananaman

www.teamtorrent.co.uk
Well done!
smile.gif

The canter looks really uphill. The plaits are good too, the worst thing I find with them is trying to undo them without stabbing myself with the quick unpick or losing a chunk of mane! Bands are so much easier but don't look nearly as nice imo.